March 28, 2024, 06:53:35 AM

News:

New Guy from Indiana!

Started by ewbraun88, January 31, 2019, 08:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ewbraun88

Well, I am more of a listener than a speaker. This may be the longest post I will ever make. lol So, Thank you for allowing me to join! A little about me, I have been riding two wheels for nearly 15 years now.  :chop: Always trying to take a trip as far I can make in one day and head home at dark. Best feeling in the world!

Been wrenching, more like modifying stuff for as long as I can remember. Bought my first motorcycle when I was 21, it was a Honda vf750. Upgraded the front shocks off a ninja, installed new computer programmable ignition modules, upgraded the carbs and custom exhaust 4-1. That bike almost got me killed. Fun, but was not comfortable at all for long trips.... sold it.

After a few others I am now building a 1982 Shovelhead. That is what brought me here! She is my baby.... well, after the wife that is lol luckily she understands, she loves these bikes as much as I do.  :smiled: But any who, its a 80ci, L5 cam. old STD bathtub heads. etc. etc. etc. its a slow process. Honestly though, it's been the best project to date! It's a love that I hope my future kids have one day.

I might ask stupid questions from time to time, and I may seem like an a$$, but never mean to be lol Hope I can provide what I have learned over the years and learn from all of you!   Thanks again!

SixShooter14

Howdy, welcome to the site from Arkansas.

Sounds like you'll fit in quite well around here. You can check out the General and Shovel technical forums for all kinds of good info on making mods and/or repairs. If you can't find what you need, just ask and someone is sure to help.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

ewbraun88

Quote from: SixShooter14 on January 31, 2019, 08:56:45 PM
Howdy, welcome to the site from Arkansas.

Sounds like you'll fit in quite well around here. You can check out the General and Shovel technical forums for all kinds of good info on making mods and/or repairs. If you can't find what you need, just ask and someone is sure to help.

Thanks!

Heinz

Welcome from Utah. I don't know a lot about shovelheads but it sounds like a fun project. I'm sure you'll get a lot of helpful hints and advice from the members here.

moose

welcome from new Jersey         if you ever get up this way just keep gooing :chop:
Moose aka Glenn-

ewbraun88

Quote from: moose on February 01, 2019, 09:44:50 AM
welcome from new Jersey         if you ever get up this way just keep gooing :chop:

Thanks! haha that bad up there eh?

ewbraun88

Quote from: Heinz on January 31, 2019, 09:10:21 PM
Welcome from Utah. I don't know a lot about shovelheads but it sounds like a fun project. I'm sure you'll get a lot of helpful hints and advice from the members here.

Thank you!

Leed

harttoo

kp68

Hello. Lived in La Porte a good while. Got my first bike there--honda 90 in 67.