April 26, 2024, 01:27:44 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

after market fairings

Started by rc4510, December 02, 2018, 10:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc4510

has anyone here used a after market batwing fairing as well as the inner one,mine destroyed from deer strike.i imagine one s from dealer would be a lot   it is for a 02 elec glide thanks

smoserx1

The aftermarket ones I have seen fit road kings and softail models and look like batwings but are actually a little smaller and I doubt they will mate to a stock inner fairing.  Looking at Ronnies looks like an inner is about $335 and an outer is about $291 for a primed or $412 for a vivid black.  That sucks.  I replaced my inner several years back and it was way under $200 back then.  Inner PN is 58497-96B and outer black one is 58230-96DH.  Try eBay.  There are lots of MC salvage shops online now, you can do better than these prices I am sure.

moose

you might want to try and find some salvage yards
Moose aka Glenn-

PoorUB

Ebay generally has a bunch, in any condition.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

fleetmechanic

We've used one from the places in California that make them and run them on ebay.  The contour of the taper down to the headlight is a little sharper than stock and it doesn't mate perfectly with the inner fairing edges.  But for fleet collision repair it's close enough.

calif phil

Quote from: rc4510 on December 02, 2018, 10:47:52 PM
has anyone here used a after market batwing fairing as well as the inner one,mine destroyed from deer strike.i imagine one s from dealer would be a lot   it is for a 02 elec glide thanks

Your talking stock replacement parts correct ?   The replacement parts from Drag are as good as factory. 

Buglet

What color you looking for.