April 19, 2024, 12:52:54 PM

News:

Oil Cooler and Remote Filter Inquiry

Started by 92flhtcu, December 04, 2018, 05:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

92flhtcu

I've searched on here and thought I also had it bookmarked, BUT, i can't find it
There was a thread on here awhile back that showed a remote filter and also in the pics, a cylindrical oil cooler that mounts under the left saddlebag.
The gent that sells this is in Twin Lakes WI, I believe it is BigDan that used to be active on here.
Anyone have a link?
Thanks in advance!
Need a bigger garage

scoopfraser

2000 FXD
Edmonton, Alberta

92flhtcu

This site is the BEST!!!

That's it, Thank You!
Need a bigger garage

mrmike

I'm not leaving til I have a good time

FSG

92flhtcu

Spoke to Dan a couple days ago, he did respond to my email contact off his site in a couple hours(awesome)
I will be running mostly hard line with a mix of hose.
I really like the way the adaptor eliminates all the OEM adaptor stuff up front.
I actually broke bread with Dan and Grumpy years ago when Grumpy came up to Wisconsin years back
Need a bigger garage

No Cents

I've been running one of Dan's oil filter relocation kits for years.  :up:
It makes changing the oil a no mess job.

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

76shuvlinoff

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

92flhtcu

I'll be running his cooler as well. the new build i'm doing is getting a ProPipe, and having his cooler will help with my OCD about only one pipe on a bagger
Need a bigger garage

No Cents

Quote from: 92flhtcu on December 07, 2018, 04:28:44 AM
I'll be running his cooler as well. the new build i'm doing is getting a ProPipe, and having his cooler will help with my OCD about only one pipe on a bagger

:hyst:

GaryD

AMA Life Mbr.
USMC VietNam 66-67 3rd Tnk. Bat

92flhtcu

Ray, I hope you were laughing at my OCD and not the ProPipe.....There is a reason, they(V&H) are a sister company of ours, and it behooves us to run our brands...And I'm not going for every last drop of HP, will be a sporty Daily Bagger that gets a lot of miles on it.
I'll be asking a bunch of questions on here as soon as i get it fully torn down and inspected.
Need a bigger garage

IronMike113

Quote from: 92flhtcu on December 07, 2018, 04:28:44 AM

I have that exact set up,,,,,,,,  it runs cool,it works,BVBob showed me on a Dyno without a fan blowing directly on it,and I even went on step more,And installed a Baker Oil pan, this thing is so cool,,,,,,,it makes dry ice shiver,,,,,,,,,,,  :hyst:,,,,,,I do have a oil temp probe installed into the baker oil pan to monitor the range intown verses out on the open road
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

No Cents

Quote from: 92flhtcu on December 07, 2018, 03:26:11 PM
Ray, I hope you were laughing at my OCD and not the ProPipe.....There is a reason, they(V&H) are a sister company of ours, and it behooves us to run our brands...And I'm not going for every last drop of HP, will be a sporty Daily Bagger that gets a lot of miles on it.
I'll be asking a bunch of questions on here as soon as i get it fully torn down and inspected.

yes...I was laughing at you saying you are OCD about a one sided pipe on a bagger.
I use to run a V&H Pro Pipe on my old 103 stage V build. It was a nice pipe.  :up:
Do they still make the HO version?

92flhtcu

Need a bigger garage

No Cents

92flhtcu

you haven't had to shop for one in awhile........
Need a bigger garage

Tarkus60

So these remote kits do not impede the oil flow?????
Seems like a long line like that would lower oil pressure and be hard on the oil pump????
Just asking????

PoorUB

I had this  conversation  with Dan with MSP when he was still on HTT. He did some tests for pressure  drop and it didn't  seem to effect anything.

I guess  I was reluctant  to believe that 6 feet more of tubing wouldn't  reduce  the flow some but he was pretty convincing  that it didn't.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Coyote

Of course 6 feet of tubing adds resistance to flow. That's simple physics. Measuring pressure is not the same as measuring flow.

Whether it's enough to matter is another thing.

chopper

I built my own remote filter and cooler set up years ago. Works just fine.
Got a case of dynamite, I could hold out here all night