May 04, 2024, 11:34:02 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Road glide seat

Started by tbird, December 07, 2018, 08:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbird

Will a 99 road glide seat fit a 06 roadglide? Frames are the same but the part numbers are different. 98-03 models the part#51702-05* . {*} superseded part number are substituted. For 04-07 models the part # 52314-04. The seats look the same in parts fiche. What yr did the cable tray start? Seats from road kings and electra glides seem to  swap no matter what yr. Don't want to buy a seat that won't fit and its dead winter now so trying on bike not possible and owner of for sale seat lives 100 miles away.

PoorUB

Looking on HD's web site seats fit '97 to '07.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

fbn ent

I don't think you will have a fitment issue. Might look a bit different than stock but should fit. (I'd say...)
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

tbird

Both stock seats can be bought new today, but different part numbers.

Breeze

All '97  - '07 Touring frame seats will interchange. The differences as related to part #'s are  width and shape of the passenger area, kick behind driver's butt, and nose length of seat. Road Kings and Street Glides have shorter nose seats. A upholstered or chrome spacer is available for a few $.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

tbird

Remembered a friend mile down the road had a 98 road glide so I went down and got his seat, came back tried it on my bike and it fit fine. Bought the seat from the 99 earlier today. Seat was new, 80 yr old guy had a different seat installed when he purchased the bike in 99. He wouldn't take less than a $100 but figured they're hard to come by so what the hell.

smoserx1

December 09, 2018, 04:56:39 AM #6 Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 08:42:36 AM by smoserx1
Yes it should fit.  The year that the older seats quit fitting the newer bikes was when they started using the 6 gallon gas tank.  Electra glide and road glide seats swap perfectly.  Road king seats will also fit EGs and RGs but will leave a few inches at the tank tail exposed.  Harley used to (and may still) have a remedy for that too.  It is a little cover that goes at the base of the tank.  EG and RG seats will NOT properly fit road kings though as the seat tongue is too long and will interfere with the longer tank console a road king uses.

92flhtcu

Seat fitment for FLH/FLT

1997 thru 2007-with the filler needed on some noses as pointed out earlier due to differing tank dash panels

2008 thru 2019
Need a bigger garage