April 26, 2024, 07:53:46 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Need help with matching Harley Electric Blue

Started by dablaze, December 11, 2018, 06:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dablaze

Hi guys,

Buddy of mine does all my painting and helps me out a lot so trying to return the favour. He bought a 2018 Street glide and the color is Electric Blue (same since 2014 as I understand) he's looking for a third party mixing code as he only needs enough to paint a set of lowers he bought. Any suggestions? The local paint dealer tried to "read" it off the bike but it did not work.

Thanks
Craig
Second Shift Cycle

kd

It was a fairly well known color. I bought a set of lowers on ebay for about $100 for a friend.  Might be worth watching there. Probably about the same cost and sell the ones you have you may come out ahead.

Here's one complete set. These are aftermarket for about the cost of a paint job.  I saw a few part sets used and there may be others but I stopped looking.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Blue-Lower-Vented-Fairings-Kit-for-2014-2018-Harley-Davidson-Touring/273473503194?fits=Make%3AHarley-Davidson&hash=item3fac4a7fda:g:FtoAAOSwO2hbuAz1

BTW, Harley should have the paint too.
KD

Jim Bronson

Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

kd

To my point, the paint cost alone is unreal.  BTW that appears to be the average price these days.
KD

flangar

Colorite.com.....order the aerosol can....base coat. and use your own clear coat to do the finish.
Their match is spot on.....

dablaze

Thanks,  he's going to order from colorite next paycheque.

Craig
Second Shift Cycle