April 25, 2024, 05:53:06 PM

News:

Will not start

Started by IvyMan69, May 11, 2019, 07:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IvyMan69

I am trying to help a friend with his 2008 Fatboy that only has 1900 miles on it. System relay was not working so I replaced that and cleaned the connections to the ECM, CPS and checked all fuses. Engine will not fire but if i squirt fuel into the intake it will start and run fine. Fuel pump makes a little noise but not like the ones on my bikes. Fuel pump, injectors, or CPS?

calif phil

I would bet the fuel pump is gummed up.  I have a 2009 FXD with the same symptoms right now in the shop.  1500 miles and 4 year old gas.   :wtf:

IvyMan69

That is my thinking also. will try that Monday when I get back to his house.

IvyMan69

I found that the fuel pump strainer had dissolved and crap and bad fuel caused the pump to freeze up

MikeL

Quote from: IVYMAN69 on May 13, 2019, 10:23:12 AM
I found that the fuel pump strainer had dissolved and crap and bad fuel caused the pump to freeze up
Had the same thing happen on a 2002 fatboy. $400 in parts fixed it all up. It sat for less than 3 years go to love the 10% ethanol...............

MIKE

IvyMan69

I was able to free up and save the pump with injector cleaner. New fuel filters on both sides of pump and good to go.

Superheat9

I always use stabil for outboard motors. Its designed to work with ethanol gas.   Works great.