May 04, 2024, 09:34:32 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Installed an AIM VPC Today

Started by Jim Bronson, May 18, 2019, 08:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bronson

It was a bit tricky to install, but it sure made a difference in lever pull, especially at low RPMs (not as easy as the Muller, but way easier than stock). I'm using the SE spring, so any reduction in lever force is appreciated. One huge bonus is that neutral is the easiest to find ever since the bike was new. I just took a short ride, but I'm happy with it so far.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

Rusticwater

Support the Maine lobster industry

Jim Bronson

jjdalynh

ugh.  I have a VP95 in mine and I put the SE spring in.   blech.  i'm putting the stock spring back in.  my build's never going to need that, I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't slipping on the dyno.

bobrk1

I  was  thinking  about  the  68,just  had  hand  surgery  like  to  reduce  lever pull , have  a  12 ultra  with  a  andrews  48  and  wondered  if  it  will  slip at lower  rpm,I  run  2 up  and  cruise  usually  under  3000.m

Jim Bronson

The only downside with it is that it really grabs when starting out. I almost stalled the bike a couple of times. It is going to take some practice.