April 16, 2024, 04:09:49 PM

News:

aim-tamachi SLAVE CYLINDER

Started by FSG, September 27, 2018, 11:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoorUB

Quote from: cbumdumb on November 08, 2018, 01:53:10 PM
My 19 starts engaging about a half inch away from grip probally needs adjustment

No adjustment on a hydraulic clutch.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

PoorUB

Quote from: CarlosGGodfrog on November 08, 2018, 05:13:03 AM
I wonder if the aim-tamachi SLAVE CYLINDER could be retrofitted to an earlier TC transmission side cover.

I looked at this quick. The bearing plate is the same, so it should bolt up. The cover and actuator are different. :idunno:

CarlosGGodfrog

The Hyd clutch cover that is HD, but from a later model, that is on my 2000 Heritage has a 40 mm piston.

jmbittner

My 19 starts engaging about a half inch away from grip probally needs adjustment
That is because the 19's come with a different clutch damper seat and it moves the friction
zone closer to the grip.

2017/18 bikes came with damper seat part number: 37000036. 2019 bikes came with a new damper seat part number : 37000295 ($12.60).

hogsty

Quote from: jmbittner on November 08, 2018, 03:18:35 PM
That is because the 19's come with a different clutch damper seat and it moves the friction
zone closer to the grip.

2017/18 bikes came with damper seat part number: 37000036. 2019 bikes came with a new damper seat part number : 37000295 ($12.60).

My 2019 Limited has a microscopic sized friction zone and disengages about as far from the bar as could be possible. 

msnyder

This may be a first!      NO they all don,t do that!   I have a 2019 RGU. and It engages early and has a much better "feel" than the 2017 I had before.  If I still had the 2017 I would be looking into the New spacer first and then the Aim light force.  Max

BigT

I have one coming on Tuesday to try it with my Bandit clutch.

02rk4cruzin

A friend of mine just rode down to AIM in Huntington Beach last week and they installed the Clutch Slave as well as a VPC in his 2018 Roadglide. He says it is easier to pull as well as moves the engagement out more.

He wishes he had done this when he first bought the bike.

He would rather buy the AIM slave versus having HD do the recall.

rigidthumper

Quote from: 02rk4cruzin on November 20, 2018, 03:18:50 PM
A friend of mine just rode down to AIM in Huntington Beach last week and they installed the Clutch Slave as well as a VPC in his 2018 Roadglide. He says it is easier to pull as well as moves the engagement out more.

He wishes he had done this when he first bought the bike.

He would rather buy the AIM slave versus having HD do the recall.

He should take the replaced piece back to his dealer, and have them perform the recall on the original slave cylinder, stick it in a zip lock bag, and keep it with the bike. They get paid for doing the recall, his bike gets on the "completed" list, and he can transfer the recalled/updated slave cylinder with the bike if he ever trades/sells it.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

FSG

Timber0472

I installed the AIM slave cylinder about 3 wks ago. Worth every penny. Super light clutch pull, engages closer to the bar like my twinkie did, and the friction Zone is wider. Love it! Oh and it does use the stock cover. Installation was pretty simple. PITA to bleed but other than that works great.

BigT

Quote from: BigT on November 09, 2018, 04:13:19 PM
I have one coming on Tuesday to try it with my Bandit clutch.

Installed the Aim slave cylinder with my Bandit clutch. Nice easy pull but  unfortunately not enough throw to find neural with bike running.

Thermodyne

I just put a AIM cylinder in mine this afternoon.  The pull effort is greatly reduced.  Its a little harsh on a n-1 shift, but is still easy to shift back into neutral.  And the fluid in the primary is cold. 

Didn't ride it yet, but the friction zone seems to start about 1 inch from full pull.  Hugely better than the oem setup. 

Prostar

Has anyone put the AIM Slave Cylinder in a 2019?

Maddo Snr

There is NO adjustment facility in the OEM setup.

A 2019 clutch is fully disengaged before the lever is 1/2 way to the bar. There's plenty of travel left over to accommodate the AIM product. Mine is on it's way...
2018 FLHX 107
Rinehart 45s, SE cleaner, TTS MasterTune. 92/108

Thermodyne

I managed to get a few hundred miles on the LightForce before winter closed in.  The much lighter lever feel is great, and it give added feel to the friction zone.

The location of the friction zone is a bit of a moving target.  With repeated use, it tend to work back out to the very end of the lever travel.  I suspect this is the clutch trying to adjust to zero lash/maximum travel. 

I have the revised dampener spring that I will install at the 1000 mile service, once the weather ever lets up and I get another 300 miles on it.  And hopfully that will address the friction zone location. 

Heinz

zone closer to the grip.

Does anyone know if these newer damper seats are the same diameter as the models from the 2007-2013 hydraulic clutch models? In other words will these damper seats fit the clutch hub of the earlier models?

Nastytls

I'm just wondering; for the guys that think the clutch pull is heavy, what size are your hands? Do you wear a s/m/l/xl/xxl glove? I just can't wrap my head around the need for this device, the clutch pull is not even a little bit stiff on my 18 RG.

PoorUB

Quote from: Nastytls on February 08, 2019, 03:20:36 PM
I'm just wondering; for the guys that think the clutch pull is heavy, what size are your hands? Do you wear a s/m/l/xl/xxl glove? I just can't wrap my head around the need for this device, the clutch pull is not even a little bit stiff on my 18 RG.

Compared to the stock clutch on my '05 the clutch on my 2016 Limited is a breeze. But then hop on my BMW R1200RT and the clutch pull on the Beemer makes my Limited look ridiculous!

Nastytls

The clutch on my BMW is very light but the Harley's is too, exactly what I would expect from a touring bike; low effort.

cbumdumb

Quote from: hogsty on November 08, 2018, 09:23:21 PM
zone closer to the grip.

My 2019 Limited has a microscopic sized friction zone and disengages about as far from the bar as could be possible.

Mine failed last week blew the seal out the actuator dealer had parts but hd corp said no relace whole actuator .I got to admit it has much better feel now and no more first gear grind on cold mornings that I tried to get them to fix earlier

MakoHD

I have the aim set up on my bike and my fathers bike. What made us get them it was that our clutch was way too hard because we have the aim lock up with the heavy springs and 2 washers for each spring. it was too hard and uncomfortable for traffic conditions. Now with the aim set up its softer then a stock bike. I could only imagine how soft it would feel on a stock bike.

HDDOC

Has anyone put the AIM Slave Cylinder in a 2019?
2019 Tri Glide

92flhtcu

I have several dealers that have installed on 2019's, however, no miles yet. they all are happy with the reduced effort.
Need a bigger garage

MakoHD

Yes I have, on my personal bike that's the example I posted.