April 19, 2024, 03:06:52 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

M8 Throttle

Started by lonegoosehonking, June 17, 2019, 12:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonegoosehonking

On my 2017 FLHTCU the throttle has to be twisted a bit before RPM increase. Any way to get it to where when I twist it the rpm increases without lag? On my other bikes I would just adjust the throttle cable to where there was a little slack that was barely noticeable.

Nastytls

I think that's part of the TBW. Not sure in things like a PV or TTS can adjust or tune that out.

HogMike

Quote from: Nastytls on June 17, 2019, 01:52:13 PM
I think that's part of the TBW. Not sure in things like a PV or TTS can adjust or tune that out.

My throttle response had a dead spot right off idle from the beginning. Tuned it out with TTS as I was going to dyno the bike anyway.
The M8 tuned correctly will run VERY nice.
Throttle control is adjustable with some tuners.
Good luck.
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

VDeuce

There is a throttle blade control table the ECM uses and it can be tuned with PV or TTS. Not sure about the HD tuner.

PoorUB

My 2016 Limited does the same thing. Guys, pretty sure it is just "slop" in the grip, nothing to tune out. I can feel it when it starts turning against the spring in the sensor. It acts just like a loose cable.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Skin

That was the hardest thing for me to get use to was the throttle on my '11 RG when I went from the '05 RG. I'm thinking, "I've been riding for 50 years, what's up with this motorcycle?" I almost got rid of it but I kept at it and it took a little bit to get the hang of the FBW throttle, but all is good. Give yourself some time to get it if it can't be tuned out.

lonegoosehonking

Thanks for the help. Will get used to it or when warranty is up buy a tuner along with some other mods.

To The Max

MY mate hade one replaced under warrenty on his CVO sg. it also had slop. Max

Ken R

I set  mine for  one to one on my 2013 Limited in first gear.  Whatever the twist grip did, the throttle body did.  Can't  touch it on the 2019 for fear of voiding the warranty.  Getting used to it.

lonegoosehonking

Ken , how do you set it one to one?