My Street Bob plan what do you guys think?

Started by cgaulzetti, July 14, 2019, 12:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgaulzetti

So guys- I'm thinking about doing a Screamin' Eagle Stage III on my new 107 Street Bob- but using a Feuling 509 Cam instead of the supplied Harley Cam. I'll keep the Harley cam just in case I run in to warranty trouble- I can put the thing back in there before I take it to the dealership.

So do you guys think that beyond the ethical implications- would the Feuling 509 and the rest of the Stage III stuff tune of with the Screaming' Eagle tuner and its canned Stage III tune?

Second question- if this is just stupid- would the stage iii stuff with that Feuling Cam and a dyno tune be a good set up?

What about that set up with the Screaming' Eagle Wide Band Auto tuner doing its stuff?

I'd like to get 120 hp and at least that much torque and I tend to ring out the engine and don't particularly care about torque down low.  I'd ideally like to keep my warranty- but I'm not adverse to just saying screw it- and doing stuff the right way....

Thanks guys!

C

yobtaf103

Screw it, go 117 cam & tune aftermarket cost less/more bang!

PoorUB

Keep the warranty or screw it!

If you have warranty issues do you really think you will put the SE cam back in?
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

IronButt70

What happens if you have a warranty issue far from home?
No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

rigidthumper

If you want coverage for the SE kit, it has to be installed, along with the SE Street Tuner, by the dealer, within 60 days of new purchase. If you buy the kit and install it yourself, then you only get the "over the counter" parts warranty.
Cam timing is different enough between the SE498 and the Fueling 508 that the SE tuner will be a "blind man dart throw" at best. May hit a bulls-eye, may hit a bystander.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Hossamania

As mentioned, you have to make the choice: either you want the warranty, or you want the power with a proper tune.
And the idea of changing the cam back and forth to keep the warranty is just comical to me.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

FXDBI

First decide if you want the warranty or not. Then pick a stage kit from Harley or go with a proven combination with a proper tune.  Trying a science project will get you nothing but grief.  Lots more to consider in a cam choice than just picking a cam because you heard it rips.   Bob

BVHOG

Just finished up my own street bob a couple weeks back, bored 114 cylinders for 120 Mahle pistons, ported heads , ovesize AV&V valves, Andrews 504 cam S&S springs  SE throttle body. Custom 2-1 pipe   130/143 and it's a handful.  Quit talking about "stage" kits and get yourself a plan together that will make the power you want and be reliable. Forget the Harley wide band stuff, had a customer try it last year and it failed miserably.  As for warranty, find a shop that will stand behind their work and don't expect the MoCo to do it for you or them.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.