April 18, 2024, 04:30:40 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

My Street Bob is coming along!

Started by cgaulzetti, August 02, 2019, 11:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgaulzetti

I'm going a little bit of a different direction than most folks I see with these bikes and their M8 engines.  I decided to focus on getting the most out of my motorcycle when I'm really wringing it out. I'm coming from the sports bike world- my other bike is an Aprilia RSV4-RR- and I'm used to having to keep the bike in a certain rev range.  My Street Bob stock is so cool insofar as it has EVERYTHING right away- but it's a bit of a tease insofar as there isn't much grunt there and the redline comes low and quick.

Working with an awesome tuner- we've decided to do an S&S Big Bore kit 124" with 11:1 compression, Screaming' Eagle 64mm throttle body, ported heads, high flow injectors, and his choice of tappets and springs and all the other fixins you need.

We're going to do TTS 250 cams, an S&S tear drop air cleaner, and an awesome RB Racing LSR Pro-Stock Milwaukee Eight Exhaust.

We're also going to upgrade the clutch of course- I'm sure the thing will need some brake help eventually and I'm sure I'll need to figure out better tires. 

I want this thing to just be able to screw- I've already got a longer travel RWD rear shock and I'll get there with the front forks too- I've got Lucky Dave's San Diego bars in 10" to give the bike a more solid feel and help with lane splitting getting through narrow spots.  I also had a great custom Whiplash saddle made that sits me a bit further back and lets you sit more comfortably especially under hard acceleration. 

I'm excited about what this bike will do!  I'm sure it won't have the highest numbers down low- but I think it's going to be amazing high up in the rev range. i'm really excited about my bike.

my tuner thinks we'll get over 140 in hp and ft lbs of tq which i'm not sure of- but i've seen him bring out amazing things with our engines.  the curves look table flat despite the challenges of our m8s and the softail exhaust systems. i really don't care much about how the bike performs when i'm in the wrong gear- or how it does out of the power band.  it's going to have more than enough power i think no matter where it makes the most. a 124" tuned by a master- with those crazy salt flat pipes, that classic S&S air cleaner- i'm so excited. had to share. I'l post a ride report when I get it back from the shop! 

happyman

the build your going to use is going be awesome. will pull great from the bottom, and very hard all the way  to redline. 

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

IronButt70

No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

doubletrouble

Yeah buddy , Im stoked for you , That should make you proud.

cgaulzetti

Quote from: IronButt70 on August 03, 2019, 11:14:55 AM
Chain drive?

we've opted to leave it as a belt drive- the idea being that if that's the weakest link REALLY fragile and expensive stuff won't break if stuff goes to hell. The stock belt should be able to handle the power and my fear is that a chain will put undue stress on other components. i'm not building this thing to do wheelies in parking lots- and my builder when asked- told me to not do a chain drive with all the engine stuff we're doing so i'm leaving it alone for now.