News:

2016 V Rod Broken throttle shaft

Started by HD/Wrench, April 13, 2018, 06:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

April 13, 2018, 08:49:37 AM #1 Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:10:32 AM by rbabos
Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on April 13, 2018, 06:01:25 AM
https://youtu.be/_pR9Ip3vKfM

This can be an issue especially when using the SE cams with high reversion rates in the intake, smacking the blades and shafts. Stock, it would be rare but anything is possible. I check mine annually for cracking around the screws when doing the spark plugs but I also have a real cool set of custom machined shafts from tool steel to completely eliminate the problem, should I ever go serious HP upgrades.  Total blade capture on the custom shafts.  Having a screw go down the throat is no fun.
16 should be under warranty and since HD to save a nickle eliminated the tb sync ports on earlier models , let them replace the whole dam TB unit since no dealer can do it. I did add sync ports to mine, for syncing and any other work that might require resetting the tbs, like shaft upgrade . Supposedly the tb units are flow setup at the factory, then put on the engines on the line. Mine was not what I'd call great when I checked them.
Ron

HD/Wrench

This is a BOX stock 16  bike with the ultra cool , super obnoxious V&H comp pipe on it , K&N filter nothing more . I was using C3 tuning with the PC V ( not my choice but that is what the customer wanted ) Tune was subcontracted as well ..

I went to sync the TPS and it only went to 3.1 volts HMMM thats odd.. I roll the throttle in at at 15% or so it would go from there to 60 and all over the place.. I  grabbed the right side of the linakge and it pulled out a long ways.. I pulled air cleaner and that is what I found.. Bike is already gone .. Will see what happens next

rbabos

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on April 13, 2018, 10:51:23 AM
This is a BOX stock 16  bike with the ultra cool , super obnoxious V&H comp pipe on it , K&N filter nothing more . I was using C3 tuning with the PC V ( not my choice but that is what the customer wanted ) Tune was subcontracted as well ..

I went to sync the TPS and it only went to 3.1 volts HMMM thats odd.. I roll the throttle in at at 15% or so it would go from there to 60 and all over the place.. I  grabbed the right side of the linakge and it pulled out a long ways.. I pulled air cleaner and that is what I found.. Bike is already gone .. Will see what happens next
They are set to .45-.47 closed and only go to 4.6 ish. Never hits 5. I went all over mine to find out why. Front hitting the hard stop so no more left in .  Good catch with the TPS though. The rear one wouldn't show up as easy.
Ron