April 25, 2024, 01:38:56 PM

News:

Billet cat install

Started by 08flstf, April 01, 2019, 02:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

08flstf

Just wondering what exhaust gaskets everyone is using with the billet cat on the M8's. I have the oem tapered gaskets in right now but I can't get the pipe in far enough to get a nut started. I had heard the thin metal ones they supply with the pipe aren't that good that's why I tried the oem ones. I also heard you sometimes have to back the studs out of the heads a couple turns to get enough thread exposed to get the nuts started. Don't really want to do that if I don't have to. Any suggestions?

PoorUB

If the pipe is tapered like the stock pipe, is stock gaskets. If the pipe is blunt use the flat SE style gaskets.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

08flstf

It is blunt, I'll get some of the SE gaskets. Thanks

PoorUB

Quote from: 08flstf on April 01, 2019, 04:39:58 PM
It is blunt, I'll get some of the SE gaskets. Thanks

Some guys use two per pipe. :idunno:
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

jrgreene1968

I've never had any luck with the se gaskets on my fatcat, even doubled. I use Novello copper gaskets. I've tried several brands, but always go back to the novello

JMHD

Cometic makes a really nice SE style flat gasket, I find it seals better than the screaming eagle.

Durwood

If purchased new it comes with metal gaskets. Those are the ones I use, as they fit properly and don't leak.

crewchief25H

Cometic C9540 spiral wound gaskets. You can reuse them several times as long as you reinstall the same exhaust.

HD/Wrench

I use the metal ones they send works great no leaks

08flstf

Thanks for all the replies. I'll give the metal ones a try.