April 18, 2024, 12:50:31 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

WARD VS HPI has anyone done some real testing?

Started by MakoHD, April 08, 2019, 07:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MakoHD

Does anyone have some real testing of the screaming eagle 64mm ported by ward vs the 62mm hpi. i currently have the 62mm hpi but if the ward is better ill make the change. i just don't want to go backwards. so if you have some real testing please share it.

Nastytls

I thought there was a dyno sheet on here somewhere that showed the difference between Ward ported SE and the HPI. The Ward port made more power.

MakoHD

looks like i'm going to have to find out the hard way lol

HD/Wrench

I have tested it but I think that you must take into account can the given kit use it .  If the cam is larger enough can the heads flow enough etc. I tested all three ( Ported manifold stock and hpi on that build I can say there was a winner  but if you take into account the time it took me to swap them, then re tune and then you see no more than a 3HP gain . is that a winner ?

Until you get a kit that can really use it hard to say my testing was with a small cam ..

Testing now the stock 55 with SE backer air flow wise the backer with stock is showing numbers that are slightly better than the 64 un ported . !!! so that is my next round of testing along with the cams . so much to do so little time.

Speaking of time . the dyno booth is calling

Rdub

April 10, 2019, 08:31:35 AM #5 Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:43:45 AM by Rdub
These are from two different dynos back to back testing. This is not meant to say the HPI doesn't have great throttle bodies... they do. I believe some of the gains could be due to the SE 64 being 2mm larger.

Ported SE 64 (blue) vs. HPI 62 (red)
[attach=0,msg1291588]

Ported SE 64 (red) vs. Non Ported SE 64 (blue)
[attach=2,msg1291588]

Ported SE 64 (blue) vs. Non Ported SE 64 (red)
[attach=3,msg1291588]

doubletrouble

Damn it - wouldnt have believed 2 mm would have been worth 5 h.p. , but there it is .

Screamin beagle

There's more to the porting than just the 2mm difference.