March 28, 2024, 08:14:14 AM

News:

SE intake seal fitment

Started by 08flstf, April 12, 2019, 06:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

08flstf

Ok I hate to even ask but here goes. Has anyone here had any issues with the fit of the supplied intake seals that come with the SE 64mm tb? Reason for asking is mine developed a leak when trying to get it dyno'd. Did heat cycles at home and checked for leaks at intake and exhaust ports and all was good. Didn't show up until after some time on dyno. Although I realize there is always the chance of human error as in I may have done something to the seal during install, I did notice that when I started to put things together the seals seemed to fit a little loose in the flanges. I thought it didn't look like they would get compressed or squeezed much to form a good seal. So has anyone else here encountered this before or am I just too inept to do this? Lol  I'm by no means a mechanic but this is not the first time I've done this either, but it is the first time I've had a leak like this. Was wondering if this might be a fluke or maybe if there are any better aftermarket seals that may be worth trying.

BVHOG

I installed one a couple weeks back and felt the same about the seal, seems a bit small but I didn't have any issues. I have the cometic on hand and they are identical
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

Durwood

I lube the seals, flanges and intake spigots with petroleum jelly per the Herko handbook. Not one seal leak since implementing his process several years ago.

08flstf

Pulled it apart yesterday and I had damaged one when I installed. Lubed it with a touch of oil but had a little difficulty getting tb in place, that's probably when I did it. Used dishwashing soap this time and took my time to ease it in place. Should be good to go. Thanks for the replies.

BVHOG

Quote from: Durwood on April 13, 2019, 09:49:28 AM
I lube the seals, flanges and intake spigots with petroleum jelly per the Herko handbook. Not one seal leak since implementing his process several years ago.
I thought your wife took your petroleum jelly away :teeth:
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.