2019 Road King oem airbox breather reroute advice ?

Started by 996DL, May 14, 2019, 11:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

996DL

In regards to a friend's 2019 114" M8 Road King Police model, what's the tidiest method of retaining the stock airbox and rerouting the breather to external venting / catch can etc... 

Web searches have come up empty, thanks for any advice and or a redirect to a specific site thread on this topic.    :up:

996DL   

HDDOC

I removed the stock hose from the filter and pluged the hole in the filter, then I drilled a hole in the back plastic part of the air box 3/8" then ran 1/4" hose from the breathers clamp with hose clamps with 2 90* and one Tee fitting , ran the hose out the drilled hole then down to the frame and and below a few inchs.
2019 Tri Glide

996DL

Thanks HDDOC, I'll forward your description of your breather reroute, to the owner of this 2019 Road King.    :up:

Did you add a typical pleated filter to the discharge end and how much water vapour / combustion fumes have you noticed exiting ?

996DL

yobtaf103

Here's mine using K&N 1717, using piece of battery clear vent hose & HD sunwash bottle, with a few vent holes drilled @ neck

996DL

Photos always appreciated, thanks yobtaf103 and to all who give advice on their airbox / breather mods.    :up:

996DL

HDDOC

No filter on mine ran it straight to ground no discharge in 3500 miles.
2019 Tri Glide