March 28, 2024, 04:56:01 AM

News:

CB radio install on 2019 Baggers

Started by Zeushawg, November 22, 2018, 08:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeushawg

Seems Milwaukee has told the dealerships that you cannot install a CB radio on the 2019 models. They suggest Blue tooth to talk bike to bike.
My question is; if you ride with a large group 15+ how does the work with blue tooth?

by the way Yes, you can install a HD CB radio on the 2019's!

moose

take a look at the Cardo Pack talk bold  it will handle up to 15 riders.   I have 2 buds and they work perfect between all 3 of us and one that has another brand
Moose aka Glenn-

FurryOne

Quote from: Zeushawg on November 22, 2018, 08:28:03 AM
Seems Milwaukee has told the dealerships that you cannot install a CB radio on the 2019 models. They suggest Blue tooth to talk bike to bike.
My question is; if you ride with a large group 15+ how does the work with blue tooth?

It doesn't.  Bluetooth craps out after about 3 connections.  You have to go to WiFi to go past 3 riders with consistent connections.  Cardo's PackTalk and Sena's 30K have WiFi.  Cardo calls theirs DMC, Sena calls theirs Mesh.  Both will connect to the other's headset via Bluetooth with limitations while also talking to others(same brand) via WiFi, but their WiFi's won't connect to each other.

Quoteby the way Yes, you can install a HD CB radio on the 2019's!

Caveats here too - in order to use the H-D CB module you need to add the PTT button on the right switchpack, and get a CB antenna.  Also, you'd need to either get the H-D WHiM or a Sena FreeWire to go wireless to your headset, and Cardo says their headsets won't work with a CB.
(See some of my other posts here, or look in the Tech Stuff section of my website.)

roadcaptain

by the way Yes, you can install a HD CB radio on the 2019's!

I added a CB on my 2017 FLTRU when I bought it. It required the switchpak on the right handle bar (has PTT switch) and an antenna. All the other wiring was already there. Most of the guys I ride with use CB's to communicate on the road so it was a no brainer for me.

Eccool

On Harley's website, they show the CB as fitting 2019 models.  :nix:

FurryOne

I'm posting here to make a small correction to my  previous posts - Cardo's DMC and Sena's Mesh are not WiFi, but proprietary Bluetooth extensions.  That's why their standard BT will talk across manufacturers, but their proprietary BT extensions (DMC, MESH) won't.   :banghead:

hogsty

Quote from: FurryOne on November 22, 2018, 06:35:00 PM

It doesn't.  Bluetooth craps out after about 3 connections.  You have to go to WiFi to go past 3 riders with consistent connections.  Cardo's PackTalk and Sena's 30K have WiFi.  Cardo calls theirs DMC, Sena calls theirs Mesh.  Both will connect to the other's headset via Bluetooth with limitations while also talking to others(same brand) via WiFi, but their WiFi's won't connect to each other.

Quoteby the way Yes, you can install a HD CB radio on the 2019's!

Caveats here too - in order to use the H-D CB module you need to add the PTT button on the right switchpack, and get a CB antenna.  Also, you'd need to either get the H-D WHiM or a Sena FreeWire to go wireless to your headset, and Cardo says their headsets won't work with a CB.
(See some of my other posts here, or look in the Tech Stuff section of my website.)

I can tell you from experience that Cardo does indeed work with the CB radio on a 2019.  I have the WHIM, Satellite, and CB all installed on a 19 Limited.  All play well together with the exception that the Cardo and WHIM are non-stereo. 

FurryOne

Quote from: hogsty on January 30, 2019, 10:53:02 AM

I can tell you from experience that Cardo does indeed work with the CB radio on a 2019.  I have the WHIM, Satellite, and CB all installed on a 19 Limited.  All play well together with the exception that the Cardo and WHIM are non-stereo.

Not to mention that pairing the PackTalk to the WHiM disables the ability to use Mesh (DMC).  You see, when the PacTalk pairs with the WHiM, it does so using the Bluetooth Hands-Free profile (HFP), which has a higher priority than DMC, so the effect is to mute the DMC. (Same thing if you pair a Sena 30K to the WHiM).  Cardo is aware of the problem and is hopefully looking for a solution.