April 25, 2024, 05:44:56 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Best speakers and amp for 2017 SGS

Started by BigT, April 06, 2018, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigT

I'm looking to upgrade the speakers and install an amp in my 2017 Street Glide Special. It looks like Biketronics has a bracket that replaces the speaker enclosure and leaves it exposed like it was in my previous 2012 FLHTK. Is this the best way to go?

Rsw

Check with Soundz Customz used them for my 05 and am very happy

converted1

the diamond micro4v2 and a set of hertz hcx 165 will do the trick
TONY

fmfpj

Those BT brackets make thing so much easier. Rushmore bikes will need a line leveler form biketronics too. The built in DSP from harley is crap and designed to only really work with BOOM audio. But you know that is all over priced.
2016 FLHTCU FM 2n1 Head Pipe, PV2
CR 570-2 Cams 95HP 112TQ. Decent Stereo.

BigT

Quote from: converted1 on April 15, 2018, 08:18:14 PM
the diamond micro4v2 and a set of hertz hcx 165 will do the trick
Thanks! Good reviews on both the amp and speakers. It sounds like the way to go is to remove the speaker pods and use the BT speaker brackets. Is there a plug and play kit offered for connecting the amp to a new style head unit? I realize I need to get a power feed up from the battery.

fmfpj

That amp is decent when you push Pro Audio speakers. But,  80 watts for a 4 ohm coax speaker is not a whole lot on a bike. Most bike friendly coax speaker like upwards of 125 watts per speaker. That amp is 80x4 at 4 ohm, 150x4 at 2 ohm, or 150x2  4 ohm bridged. Now that amp bridged is a good 2 speaker amp. There are less expensive amps out there.

fmfpj

Here is the Diamond audio 4v2 pushing 4 Pro audio and a set of horns up front.
I will add link next post.

fmfpj

Miked053

I just added the diamond micro4v2 and the hertz SV165.1 speakers and I am truly amazed!
2012 FLHX

gordonr

Quote from: fmfpj on April 17, 2018, 02:23:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kShEarhCi_k&t=1s

Better..

I've seen plenty of videos like this one that are very subjective. For easy reasons like the wall in front of bike that reflects sound waves and the open cement pad. My point is not to discredit the system but to come up with a set of easy standards that can be used by all with little resources. There are apps for DB Meters that are free for use on cell phones. I use them for many things including noise levels in cars, restaurants, MC sound systems etc. I have and use an RTA at work but theses apps are easy to use anywhere by anyone. Any opinions?
"If was easy everyone would do it"

mrmarr

Based on my personal experience I would avoid Biketronics

1workinman

Quote from: mrmarr on June 27, 2018, 08:24:10 PM
Based on my personal experience I would avoid Biketronics
If you don't mind what happened ,I was just noticed today that one speaker was not working . No telling how long its been that way. I installed there amp and speakers maybe a year ago and if they are bad I probably have to rethink there products lol 

gordonr

Its rare to see a bad speaker. You need to check your RCA's at the amp and head unit. They will work their way loose (you can tighten them and use a dab of instant gasket on one side of the prongs for a quick fix). The new RCA's they have repackaged with aren't as rigid and stay put. I also make it a point to solder all speaker connections.

1workinman

Quote from: gordonr on September 03, 2018, 05:16:26 AM
Its rare to see a bad speaker. You need to check your RCA's at the amp and head unit. They will work their way loose (you can tighten them and use a dab of instant gasket on one side of the prongs for a quick fix). The new RCA's they have repackaged with aren't as rigid and stay put. I also make it a point to solder all speaker connections.
Thanks I appreciate it .

1workinman

Quote from: gordonr on September 03, 2018, 05:16:26 AM
Well that is what it was , kick ass now lol what a difference. As far as speakers goes I not sure if the speakers for the newer bikes are better but mine were crap and I spoke to a fellow at a sound system in town about doing the speaker in a Miata an I asked him about better speakers and rain caps for them . He replied that the better speakers were made of better material would not fall apart like those cheap paper speakers . As far as radio the apple based radio with the add on to build gauges into it pretty nice add on

gordonr

Just curious, what year is your Miata?  BTW the BT speakers are paper based and water proof.

1workinman

Quote from: gordonr on September 03, 2018, 01:50:55 PM
Just curious, what year is your Miata?  BTW the BT speakers are paper based and water proof.
08 Not sure if I want to go 2.5 turbo or perhaps the v6 out of a Camaro still in the wait and see which way is the best lol . The reason for the good radio or part of it 

gordonr

mrmarr

based on personal experience I would avoid biketronics at all costs.....there are much better and less expensive systems.