April 18, 2024, 06:30:52 PM

News:

Sony out !!

Started by FatJohn, June 01, 2018, 01:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatJohn

The Sony unit that I have in a 05 Glider just went out on me. Don't remember the model it is but it has a detachable face plate and it is a marine unit.
The USB says error, radio doesn't broadcast, no weather band.
So I thought might be the speakers but when I turn the bike off I get the chimes from the radio powering down, also when the volume is adjusted standerd chirp of adjustment.
The only thing I did so far was disconnect the power to it hoping to reset the system.
Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance,

cbumdumb

On some older Sony's there was a small reset button behind face plate

FatJohn

Looked for the reset and not there. Might try firmware update and if it's a no go I'll look for a new unit. The thing is only 4 years old and I'm not interested in replacing every 4 years.
Thanks for the suggestion.

UltraNutZ

what is the model # of the unit?  should say on the faceplate?
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

tmwmoose

Quote from: FatJohn on June 02, 2018, 03:43:49 AM
Looked for the reset and not there. Might try firmware update and if it's a no go I'll look for a new unit. The thing is only 4 years old and I'm not interested in replacing every 4 years.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I used to run the Biketronics stuff years ago with a Sony but my 107" vibrated the cd to a early death all the time so I gave up on it same with the oem unit it wouldn't last long ether . But a friend of mine had a good deal going with his Sony unit , he purchased the cheap ole extended warranty at Best Buy or were ever he got his unit at and like clock work it would take a dump and of to the store he went with receipt and radio and out he would come with a new unit every time  :wink: