April 23, 2024, 10:39:37 AM

News:

Help with new Road Glide Speakers

Started by Timber0472, June 01, 2018, 07:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timber0472

Hi guys. I just bought a 2018 Road Glide Special and I've ordered a new king tour-pak for it. The 14 and later tour pak speaker pods hold 6.5 speakers but does anyone know if aftermarket speakers like biketronics will fit without any special adapters? I had 6.5s in my older bike but those were only 5.25 holes with adapter rings.
Also I'll be running 6.5s hertz hcx and  BT4180 amp up front with (hopefully ) 6.5s biketronics  in the tourpak. Is there any flash that has to be done or a certain type of flash? This is my first new bike soo this is a bit confusing. I've read a bunch of conflicting articles about flashing.
Thanks for any help.

phillyfan

Best to talk to biketronics. On the other forum in the studio section there are tons of info on this. Guys were running the line levelers, some still do. Recently some of the big audio guys have switched to DSP.
Id go read some stuff over there. Good bunch of guys over there that are super knowledgable and willing to help
'09RG. S&S 106, Drago2, CR 575.
Too much $$ into audio

Rockout Rocker Products

I have the Polk MM651s in the rear pods on my Limited.... love them. Very clear, lots of bass, no adapters needed.

You'll have to have the dealer flash the head unit to turn the rear speakers on. There isn't a lot of flash options any more like in the past.... I think it's pretty much on or off.

As mentioned HDF has a wealth of audio info.

=edit=...

I have the 4180 amp also.
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Timber0472

Quote from: phillyfan on June 02, 2018, 10:36:02 AM
Best to talk to biketronics. On the other forum in the studio section there are tons of info on this. Guys were running the line levelers, some still do. Recently some of the big audio guys have switched to DSP.
Id go read some stuff over there. Good bunch of guys over there that are super knowledgable and willing to help

Thanks for the info. will do.

Timber0472

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on June 02, 2018, 11:54:56 AM
I have the Polk MM651s in the rear pods on my Limited.... love them. Very clear, lots of bass, no adapters needed.

You'll have to have the dealer flash the head unit to turn the rear speakers on. There isn't a lot of flash options any more like in the past.... I think it's pretty much on or off.

I was curious about flashing it. Thanks.

As mentioned HDF has a wealth of audio info.

=edit=...

I have the 4180 amp also.