Crackle in speakers when receiving on CB

Started by PoorUB, July 29, 2018, 02:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoorUB

2016 Limited, slight crackle in speakers while receiving on the CB only. Any idea where to start looking? Loose antenna, cable where it is plugged into radio? I'm guessing there is a wire connection inside the tour pack? Any other places to look? I am guessing it is antenna related. I never loose reception, just get some noise that sounds like a loose connection. :idunno:
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

r0de_runr

A "frying bacon" sound on the receive end is usually a wet antenna connection on the transmit end.

Static on the receive end could be a broken element in the antenna, or loose connections.

Adjust your squelch to full open, or have someone else transmit, and tap on your antenna element about half way up.  If it is broken inside (perhaps from over-tightening) you will hear a crashing sound on receive.  You might ask a buddy to trade antennas for this test.

Make sure your antenna is grounded well at the tour pak inside, and the tour pak is grounded well at the frame.

Make sure you have your CB antenna on the CB mount and your FM antenna on the FM mount.
Teach your son to ride, shoot and always speak the truth.

PoorUB

It is not a frying bacon sound, it is irregular static like if you wiggle a wire on a loose connection. It happens with other motorcycles too, so I know it is on my end.

I need to get out to the shop and mess with it.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!