April 18, 2024, 11:54:55 AM

News:

Stock Harmon Kardon

Started by 89 fxrs, October 01, 2018, 10:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

89 fxrs

Can an iPod nano be used with the stock Harmon Kardon stereo? If it can how would it be done and what would be needed?
Pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Chippitt68

My old iPhone 4 that I use as an iPod, gets plugged into aux port. I think coyote has a device that wire to stock unit that allows you to use Bluetooth. I put the iohone in one of the lower fairings.

Breeze

You didn't mention year (does it matter?). I plug my Ipod into the aux. port of my '07 FLHTC. Just need a double male end plug, and select AUX on the radio, if it does not switch automatically.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

Hossamania

October 02, 2018, 04:16:15 AM #3 Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 04:24:20 AM by Hossamania
I run a nano on my '12 Ultra doing just that, a double male ended 3.5 mm audio cable. Funny that a nano is now old school since streaming is the hot new thing.
It transformed my solo riding experience being able to play the music I've chosen over the last fifty years, instead of commercial radio or a CD that starts to repeat much too soon. I find I just joy ride much further between stops.
And I'm the one who said no motorcycle needs a damn radio!
Just remember to turn it way down when riding in a group, a whole 'nother thread subject.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.