March 28, 2024, 02:41:18 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Disply comes and goes on radio

Started by hogmandon, November 12, 2018, 02:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogmandon

My 06 RG radio display comes and goes. Do I need to send it out or is here a way to repair myself

moose

does everything go off or just display if all check the wiring if just display send it away
Moose aka Glenn-

Coyote

It's the connector between the display board and the main board most likely. I'm sure Iron Cross Audio can fix you up. 

http://www.ironcrossaudio.com/

hogmandon

Display cured itself over the summer now it's gone again. I will try to get the face off and see if contacts can be fixed. Has any one tried this.

Alexintenn

Just bought the bike.  Same year, same problem.  I'm glad the AUX port over rides the other functions no matter what mode you are in.

Amazon has a Kenwood marine radio that keeps all the handlebar functions for $200  And you get Bluetooth and USB

I'll probably plug my phone in the AUX port and put up with it

Let me know how you solve yours

Alexintenn

from Iron Cross site

A $250 flat fee is charged for all units without physical damage or extensive liquid intrusion.

Local Harley dealer wanted $300 plus labor to swap out units.

As long as the AUX port works, I think I'll go that route, maybe the Kenwood some day