April 24, 2024, 07:29:48 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Stage 1 for 2018 Heritage 114 ???

Started by sandrooney, September 16, 2018, 04:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandrooney

What does it consist of? I would like a little better sounding exhaust but don't want to void warranty.
Thanks,
SR
Patience is such a waste of time .

rigidthumper

September 16, 2018, 04:32:37 AM #1 Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:37:50 AM by rigidthumper
SE Air Cleaner ( stock on your bike), SE mufflers ( Street cannons #64900636) and an SE Street Tuner(# 41000008C). If installed at dealer, within 60 days of new bike purchase,  carries the same 2 years/unlimited mileage warranty ( called custom coverage, covers any Genuine HD accessory install within 60 days of new bike purchase) and doesn't affect powertrain warranty.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

sandrooney

BVHOG

Warranty? Lots of talk of warranty on the M8 bikes.  Just ask yourself, do you want to ride a slow, hot POS bike with warranty or do you want to make your bike run like it should have in the first place?  This video explains it well   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEB7WbTTlu4
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

happyman

How many people making payments on a bike are going to have the $$ to tear into it and pay a huge bill to make it road worthy?  Are therereallreal fixes or morebandaida from both the after market along with the mothership. 

Smarty

Quote from: sandrooney on September 16, 2018, 04:13:54 AM
What does it consist of? I would like a little better sounding exhaust but don't want to void warranty.
Thanks,
SR
There are take off stock headers and mufflers laying around everywhere. Get you a set, drill out the cat, put some Fulsac baffles in the mufflers and a high flow a/c and run the Powervision and tune it. If you have issues, put your stock stuff back on. There is the other option of using the XiED plug in wires to the oxygen sensors which are adjustable and does nothing to your ecm. For someone really worried this is a cheap way to keep your warranty and pick up some hp/tq. Of course there is the Harley tuner as well but I think the XiED might be better than that for just this purpose.
Suspended by Smarty
Carol Burks

sandrooney

Doesn't the Power Vision leave a fingerprint.

PoorUB

Quote from: happyman on September 16, 2018, 10:18:17 AM
How many people making payments on a bike are going to have the $$ to tear into it and pay a huge bill to make it road worthy?  Are therereallreal fixes or morebandaida from both the after market along with the mothership.

I have had three baggers and the warranty was voided on all of them shortly after I bought them. I can't deal wit a stock Harley, not enough power!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

HV

HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

sandrooney

I have got a feeling that is all you are saying on the subject? Thanks

sandrooney

I just spoke with my dealer and they said I could install any slip on's I want and not void the warranty as long as I used the SE street tuner and not an aftermarket one. They said "the factory could give a crap which mufflers I have on".
I was on a road trip back in 09 and had a catastrophic failure and had the bike towed to the nearest dealer and they would not honor the warranty due to pipes, A/C and tuner. I loaded it up and took it back to my purchasing dealer and they got it covered with no problem. They covered the repairs, my motel bills and rental car and never questioned it.

Txwezl

If you're going to use the HD tuner you might as well leave it stock.

1FSTRK

Quote from: Txwezl on October 18, 2018, 01:45:50 PM
If you're going to use the HD tuner you might as well leave it stock.

That depends on who uses it and how.
If the dealer uses it to flash the cal that he thinks is closest to the aftermarket mufflers it is a crap shoot, probably won't hurt the bike just won't run great. If the bike is dyno tuned by a competent tuner that knows the SE tuner it will run very well as a stage one. I have seen this a few times now first hand and one good example was the link to the dyno section I posted in  sandrooney's other thread. The farther from stock and HD products you go the more of a hindrance the SE tuner becomes.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

hogsty

sandrooney

What I have read is that if you flash it back to stock the dealer has no way of knowing but the factory does. In some cases the factory ask for the ECM to be sent to them. I think in most cases you would be fine. If it is in fact a failure that was caused by the after market tuner is it fair to have the factory pay for it? I can't imagine that being the case, unless it was tuned improperly.