March 28, 2024, 11:31:00 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Dorman 675-086 stud/S&S cuff ?

Started by yobtaf103, November 10, 2018, 11:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yobtaf103

Anyone think this is a good idea ?

Doing a cam in my 107, was warned about being careful removing stock cuff bolts
So applied some heat to stock bolts before removal

looks like the Dorman stud will work, as covers look tall enough to miss top of stud with no foul, just a finer thread top for the 12pt nut

HD/Wrench

No need for it , and heat works for removal as well start to remove it by half turn , a drop of penetrating oil run it back 1/8 then out 1/4 and after that it should come right out .

yobtaf103

RoadGlideRob

so i'm about to do a cam swap on my M8.  Heat is required to remove the cuff bolts?  I assume without you run the risk of snapping them off? 

yobtaf103

Yes ,to be on the safe side use hand wrench as described

HD/Wrench

Quote from: RoadGlideRob on November 21, 2018, 05:46:05 AM
so i'm about to do a cam swap on my M8.  Heat is required to remove the cuff bolts?  I assume without you run the risk of snapping them off?

Yes and no like I posted take your time and see if the bolt starts to move  some come out easy and some are just hard going even with heat .  I have not broken one but I have heard of a few that did break off . No idea how it happened though . For all I know the guy may have used a small impact to zip the bolts out  :nix:

RoadGlideRob

took mine out last night, no issues at all. Glad for the heads up though