April 26, 2024, 05:14:09 PM

News:

M8 Nikasil

Started by Sunny Jim, November 19, 2018, 05:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunny Jim

Searching piston and cylinder kits, I noticed Revolution performance still promoting Nikasil cylinders - now for M8s.
Have things improved in this area!
Has anyone used these?

Nastytls

There must still be a lot of people that buy their cylinders, otherwise they wouldn't be in business anymore. They must have made some changes to improve consistency/reliability. I would love for that to be the case so I could build my Dyna in to an all bore 124", but I'm not willing to gamble, nor am I willing to gamble with my M8.

GLIDE50

I bought them for my Street Glide Special (along with cam,valve springs,lifters,push rods,lifter cuffs)
and had all of these items cryogenically treated and am getting ready for a Christmas suprise.
Added a Power Vision tuner and 5.5 injectors,Vance and Hines Power Duals ,Rush 4.5 slip ons.

Here we go........Nikasil

Bob

rbabos

Quote from: GLIDE50 on November 22, 2018, 05:57:35 PM
I bought them for my Street Glide Special (along with cam,valve springs,lifters,push rods,lifter cuffs)
and had all of these items cryogenically treated and am getting ready for a Christmas suprise.
Added a Power Vision tuner and 5.5 injectors,Vance and Hines Power Duals ,Rush 4.5 slip ons.

Bob
Not really sure on the process but is there a problem with the rollers and needle bearings still attached to the body?
Ron

wfolarry

I'm surprised you did the lifters. They warn against this. They are fitted to very tight tolerances & this could cause them to stick. I'd check them before you install them.

trex

Quote from: GLIDE50 on November 22, 2018, 05:57:35 PM

Bob
Who did the cryo? Joe Mondello Cryo'd my cylinders, heads, pistons etc when I went 95"

prodrag1320

a lot of M8 kits out there,id still stay away from nikasil

crewchief25H

Quote from: prodrag1320 on November 25, 2018, 04:35:32 AM
a lot of M8 kits out there,id still stay away from nikasil
This is extremely good solid advise!

HD/Wrench

Well Not sure I would say stay away from Nikasil per say but I sure would stay far away from that company  for anything .