April 23, 2024, 11:07:37 PM

News:

M8 Oil Pressure Gauge

Started by RoadGlideRob, November 21, 2018, 06:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTTJGlide

Quote from: Hossamania on December 04, 2018, 08:50:59 AM
I think it was posted here a few years ago that the reason for no factory oil guage is that they vary in pressure reading between bikes due to inconsistencies in the guages themselves, the oil used, the temperature being ridden, etc., and owners would of course compare pressures and think they have a problem because their friend's bike reads 5 psi higher and now they panic and take it to the dealer demanding a fix, when really the pressures are pretty much equal, or at least within spec, even though reading differently between the two bikes.
The same holds true for almost all cars, if they have an oil pressure gauge it's really just a glorified idiot light & has been for quite a few years. The gauge goes to what looks good to the consumer & it stays there unless there is no oil pressure, for the same thing as Hoss stated, too many people complained "my pressure is lower than XYZs is".

joe_lyons

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on November 30, 2018, 06:43:20 AM
On FB some one had a 19 info system  that they sent off to be reprogrammed to show actual oil pressure . Now the 19 head unit is much nicer than the 18  No idea if it can be done on the earlier version I would think so , and I never found out where the guy sent it off to .  They did a few other things as well color of lights

Wonder if it was harley gauge mods?
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901