April 23, 2024, 10:53:38 AM

News:

Stage 2 with a different cam or Stage 3

Started by 2018 fxfb, December 03, 2018, 11:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2018 fxfb

Hello, I have a 2018 fat bob with a stage 2 torque kit, se ventilator and rinehart slip ins. Dealer is having sale on stage 3 and they would put it under 2 year warranty. Cost is about 3k. My question is, will it benefit me to go state 3 vs upgrading cam later on to either an rs 468 or tts -100. Keep in mind that I am planning to keep exhaust as is and I like this distinct look on the bike. Which makes more sense performance wise with my set up. If it is cams, which cam will be best with stock header, rs 468 or tts-100. Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Hossamania

If you use either of those cams, you will void your warranty, if that matters to you.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

crusinmann

I'd keep the 3 grand wait till warranty is up change to a different cam and get a good tune,be a third the cost. I may be wrong but I don't think there is 5tq and 5hp difference
between the stg3 and a good stg2 .

2018 fxfb

Correct. If I go that route I will wait a bit before changing cams. I'm thinking if it cost less to do cam route and have same or better performance than a stage 3 then I do not mind waiting or is stage 3 worth the investment

2018 fxfb

Another thing that came to mind. If end up upgrading the cams, is it wise to change out oil pump and cam plate? I ask due to possible sump issues but just not certain if it's on an upgrade like this or just going to a big bore.

1workinman

Quote from: 2018 fxfb on December 03, 2018, 03:02:41 PM
Another thing that came to mind. If end up upgrading the cams, is it wise to change out oil pump and cam plate? I ask due to possible sump issues but just not certain if it's on an upgrade like this or just going to a big bore.
I sure should not give advice on a Harley but I would not want to do any thing until I was 100 percent certain of the sumping is fixed and nothing but a bad memory