March 28, 2024, 02:57:05 AM

News:

Decal pop after dyno tune, normal?

Started by 2018 fxfb, December 11, 2018, 08:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2018 fxfb

Hey guys,
I wanted your opinion on decel pops and if its normal or bad for motor. I recently got a dyno tune using a power commander 5 and tech said no decel pop was heard when doing dyno. It now happens more with dyno tune although it happened still after se tuner from dealer. What are your thoughts? Are they a cause for concern? Is this something that i should have fixed? The bike does feel better and runs stronger despite this, better throttle response. Decal pops are more appetent around 2000 rpm and its when i let off of throttle without using clutch after getting on it. Not so much when clutch is in and decel. Hope this makes sense..
2018 fat bob 107
Stage 2 torque cam
Se ventilator a/c
Rinehart slip ons with stock header

turboprop

'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Ohio HD

Your tuner guy should have addressed that. Sometimes a little more fuel on decel, many times just add timing to closed throttle table and it goes right away.

rigidthumper

Any chance you can pull and post the map in the PC 5?
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Ohio HD

I missed the PC 5. Doubt there is a closed throttle timing table. sorry.

HD/Wrench

no control  when decel fuel comes in or does not no control of closed throttle spark , adding fuel in the left side may do nothing at all . Stock ecm is controlling it for the most part.

Toss the PC 5 in the trash install a real tuner , your tuner ? shop should have warned you about items they cannot control . I do and if a customer still wants the tune well it is what it is at the end of the day .   

Cannot blame the tuner for lack of control on the tuner the customer choose .