March 29, 2024, 12:58:03 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Accel ignition boster Flamethrower

Started by Backyard Mech, May 26, 2018, 01:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backyard Mech

I just did an upgrade from 883 to 1200 using 1200 flat top pistons honed out cylinders with new rings from the same bike and use my sporty 883 heads. I have been struggling with reading the spark plugs and getting the jetting right. I just added an Accel flame thrower ignition booster that increases coil output by 20%. Being i have high compression now anywhere from 10.75 to 11.0 I seem to be having issues burning all the fuel and getting the jeting right. The thrower says it requires up to 2 size bigger jets to gain up to 4 HP and benefit from the added spark. I am already over jetted I believe with #54 slow jet and a 180 main jet. It might be just right for this unit time will tell. My thing is when I started it I could smell what seemed like electronics starting to over heat but could also be it working and burning off excess carbon. The directions call for a blue wire and whit wire. Early 80s set up. I hooked it up to the pink as if it where the blue wires. and the white as if it where the white wires. Has anyone ever had any experience with this accel unit and the hook up. I can say that the instructional blue wire  and my pink wire is from the ECU and has the Tach wire on that coil post. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Backyard Mech

Disregard all is good thanks I think.