April 16, 2024, 12:24:59 PM

News:

Photo help

Started by drifter, September 21, 2016, 07:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drifter

Looks like I need some advice on proper picture posting.  Pics wouldn't post so I went into paint and reduced to 25%, will post but too small to see. Advice?

Panzer

I use "Dropshot" to download pics to HTT.......it's free and good storage area too.
There are helpful posts on HTT that others have used to download pics, might want to check those out.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

JW113

The file size is probably too big. These new cameras/phones have tons of pixel resolution, the majority of it you will never need but creates monster .jpg files. You need to compress it.

Try:
Right click on the file, and "Open With" -> Microsoft Office
Tools ->  Compress Picture
Click "Web Pages"

Should reduce the file size a lot but not reduce the picture size too much.

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

mkd

go back into paint and dont reduce to 25%! instead of 100% only drop to 80%!     i used photobucket when i posted pics long time ago.

drifter

Thanks guys, I don't have Microsoft Office, trial period ended ten years ago and I never needed it enough to pay for it, Works is good enough for what I do.  I will try the 80% trick when I have more to post, with my equipment that is probably best.  Also I'm not real computer savvy, so a lot of the things you guys do are beyond my understanding.

JW113

Office is only one tool, almost any photo editor has a compression function. Compression eliminates all the un-used bits in a photo, making the file size a whole lot smaller without really changing the quality.

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

FSG

September 24, 2016, 12:31:11 PM #6 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:35:58 PM by FSG
There are a few ways to address the issue, pic editors, pic resizers, .........  and browser used, I often use all options

Take a look at the post below.

http://www.harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,70779.msg967796.html#msg967796