April 25, 2024, 02:18:38 PM

News:

M8 Power Duals

Started by cmashark, February 23, 2019, 09:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmashark

I ordered a set of M8 V&H Power Duals with a set of S&S Grand Nationals.  I plan on running them on a stock CVO 117 for a few months until I find the cam I want to run.

The question I have for the tuners is if this exhaust combo creates a dip in the torque at lower rpms?  Am I better off calling Monday and changing my order?  I thought about the S&S Sidewinder, but thought it might look off with the factory stretched bags.   FM has a 3 week wait on their 2-1-2 pipe.  I do have a 2 stock M8 head pipes that i could decat.  Performance and non-obnoxious are the goals.  Any direction you can provide would be appreciated.

Chris
2021 FLHXSE

yobtaf103

February 24, 2019, 08:10:32 AM #1 Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 08:17:52 AM by yobtaf103
Go-to pipe seems to be a Billet cat, can get a dummy L/H pipe to balance the look with extended bags
But maybe you find it obnoxious sound wise ?

The old dilemma Performance/sound/looks/cost ( in no particular order)

I'm no tuner, but most cost effective probably ,stock de-cat header & S&S grand nationals?

yobtaf103

Quote from: yobtaf103 on February 24, 2019, 08:10:32 AM
Go-to pipe seems to be a Billet cat, can get a dummy L/H pipe to balance the look with extended bags
But maybe you find it obnoxious sound wise ?

The old dilemma Performance/sound/looks/cost ( in no particular order)

I'm no tuner, but most cost effective probably ,stock de-cat header & S&S grand nationals?
just found this   https://youtu.be/vnBKzGMKL40

92flhtcu

most experienced tuners can easily tune early dip out . Have i personally done this? No, I'm not a tuner, but I sell a lot of them and the guys say they tune it out, the HD street map download does not cut it for this
Need a bigger garage