News:

anti seize

Started by bensfatboy, May 17, 2017, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilchief

Quote from: rigidthumper on August 17, 2019, 06:14:00 AM
Sounds familiar...
[/quote

Yep, this. I just used some the other day on my mower when I was installing a new pto clutch. All I did was brush some on the output shaft, and the next thing I know, this crap is all over my arm, which never even came close to any of it. It's like some kind of voodoo.
Lil Chief

chaos901

Never seen the "stick" anti-seeze before, looks handy when you only need a dab.
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

Jim Bronson

Not to over-think this, but I've been using Permatex Advanced Formula on everything that calls for it for 15 years or so. I've never seen any problems, and I live near the left coast.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

Dan89flstc

US Navy Veteran
A&P Mechanic

r0de_runr

I always use WD-40 to clean my axle parts when replacing tires or having to remove the wheels.  I don't apply any grease or anti seize, just spray and wipe then reassemble.
Teach your son to ride, shoot and always speak the truth.

jmorton10

Quote from: dirty jim on August 17, 2019, 05:17:18 AM
Anti-seize was the number, go to for pranking annoying co-workers!

When we wanted to prank someone at the car dealer I worked at years ago we used to spread it all over the inside of their car door handles.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

92flhtcu

I've coated the underside of a few toolbox drawer pulls on my co-workers, always as a last resort in the never ending pranks that go on in a large shop

back to the OP, I've used both copper and silver on axles, muffler inlets, etc. Never any difference noticed  between the two, seems I always use copper on Spark Plugs....never a issue either
Need a bigger garage

PoorUB

Years ago when I went to heavy equipment mechanics at tech there was a bunch of pranking going on. It all stopped when someone pumped a grease gun full into someone's nearly new Red Wing boots. The instructor came into class and raised holy hell. He said the next person caught pranking would have the privilege of getting out of class early, with no diploma.

I was glad the instructor put a stop to it. I never have understood why it was so fun to mess with other people's stuff.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

dirty jim

Quote from: jmorton10 on August 18, 2019, 11:44:13 AM

When we wanted to prank someone at the car dealer I worked at years ago we used to spread it all over the inside of their car door handles.

~John

Amatuer. Door handles (In and out side), back side of shifter, back side of steering wheel, seat adjuster, (Change seat position), fuel door, hood and tailgate latches. Also for bonus points the under side of the brake pedal, for some reason you touch the under side with your right boot toe.

Hossamania

Quote from: dirty jim on August 19, 2019, 05:59:40 AM
Quote from: jmorton10 on August 18, 2019, 11:44:13 AM

~John

Amatuer. Door handles (In and out side), back side of shifter, back side of steering wheel, seat adjuster, (Change seat position), fuel door, hood and tailgate latches. Also for bonus points the under side of the brake pedal, for some reason you touch the under side with your right boot toe.

That's cold-blooded.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

dirty jim

It gets worse. One of the greatest pains in the a$$ got his. One of his victims gets in his locker, turns his gym pants pocket inside out and takes a big scoop of anti-seize, puts every thing back. P.I.T.A. puts on said pants, and leaves work. Hits the bank on the way home, (Pay day!) takes money out of bank envelope, puts in said pocket. Next stop, beer store, goes to pay for beer and comes out with a two weeks worth of anti-seized money.

Hossamania

Hmm, I do have a neighbor who's being a pain in the ass...

SixShooter14

I've found used axle grease makes a nice prank in all the obvious places.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

PoorUB

Where I  work we sell a silver heat transfer paste that makes anti-seize look like kids play. Darned near impossible to wash off. Washing your hands to get rid of anti-seize is easy in comparison.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

SixShooter14

Quote from: PoorUB on August 19, 2019, 01:54:13 PM
Where I  work we sell a silver heat transfer paste that makes anti-seize look like kids play. Darned near impossible to wash off. Washing your hands to get rid of anti-seize is easy in comparison.
might not be the same stuff, but isopropyl alcohol works pretty well for the thermal paste I've used. But it definitely likes to smear rather than clean.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Hossamania

I've found the GoJo or citrus hand wipes work pretty well to remove most of that stuff. We work with underground phone wire that has a waterproof grease in it, that stuff clings like crazy, the wipes work pretty well.

fbn ent

I use a moly paste.....at least it's black...
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta