April 16, 2024, 03:26:30 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Fuelpak for 2000 Road King

Started by Sinker, November 23, 2018, 01:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinker

My friend got the Vance and Hines Fuelpak on his 2013 and was show it to me today. I looked online and it doesn't appear they are available for a 2000 Road King. My bike has the stock EFI and the 1550 kit with S&S gear drive cams. Does anyone know of a comparable EFI tuner for a Magneti Marelli fuel injected bike?

Ohio HD

Ohio HD

You may be right about the Tune Builder, but the Maximus only works on Delphi based on that link.

Coyote

November 23, 2018, 01:43:19 PM #3 Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:48:35 PM by Coyote
I don't see a Maximus for 2000 so I'd bet he needs to go to a tuner that already uses Direct Link and buy a license key.  The Pro system like I have will tune MM bikes and I bet Sandro did not do any low cost solution since there's no market for them. Tune Builder is another animal all together.

Edit, Sorry I was updating my post while you were typing.

Ohio HD

I was just going to say that too. The USB tuning key might only apply if you have legacy hardware already.

Coyote

Yeah, you need the full blown Direct Link/Centurion hardware module.  It's too expensive for doing just one bike though.

But it is the best choice for doing an MM bike.

Ohio HD

Maybe the PC III is the only way to tune the Marelli system now, or maybe T-Max. 

Coyote

Not if you take it to a DL tuner. The license is only around $200 plus the dyno tune.

Ajayrk

This Thunder Max works on M/M systems.  I have it on my 2000. You will need O2 sensor bungs added if you don't have them.

http://thunder-max.com/Products/ThunderMaxEFISystems309-313.aspx

AJ

Sinker

Ajayrk, Did you install it on a stock bike or one that had already been modified? What results did you notice? The primary reason I am looking for a tuner is my bike backfires (not decel pops) a lot. This happens a lot when shifting and when letting off the gas (again it backfires, not pops).

Thanks/Sinker

Mopower

I've had the power commander on my 2000 RK for ~10 years now. 95", SBC scottsman heads, gear drive cams, SE throttle body. Had the bike dyno tuned when the PC was installed, it's been flawless all these years. :up:

Ajayrk

Quote from: Sinker on March 18, 2019, 05:03:38 PM
Ajayrk, Did you install it on a stock bike or one that had already been modified? What results did you notice? The primary reason I am looking for a tuner is my bike backfires (not decel pops) a lot. This happens a lot when shifting and when letting off the gas (again it backfires, not pops).

Thanks/Sinker

My bike is 95", tw21 cam, .020" shaved  heads, 2 into 1 exhaust with wide ban O2 sensors.
There is a map for 88" engines.  It runs better than it did with a power commander.
What exhaust system are you using?
AJ