April 23, 2024, 07:24:27 PM

News:

Woods 555 max ccp

Started by 838, January 21, 2019, 05:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For those who have build/tuned this cam... what compression does it handle well? What's the limit corrected/ccp??

N-gin

I've ran this cam with 196 CCP in a Dyna it was fun.
I'd think max would be 205.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

HD/Wrench

I have tuned that cam in the 205-210 range and it makes great tq but man its picky on timing with heat . I would stay under the 200 say like 190 would be a very easy going laid back tune.. The slight gains you would get with more CCP I do not feel are worth it and in the end depending on your pump fuel heat you may end up not gaining anything due to timing tables needing to be so soft to stop ping

BVHOG

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on January 24, 2019, 07:13:33 AM
I have tuned that cam in the 205-210 range and it makes great tq but man its picky on timing with heat . I would stay under the 200 say like 190 would be a very easy going laid back tune.. The slight gains you would get with more CCP I do not feel are worth it and in the end depending on your pump fuel heat you may end up not gaining anything due to timing tables needing to be so soft to stop ping

Perfect answer and I agree 100%
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on January 24, 2019, 07:13:33 AM

Great thanks. So it looks like it would be a close call if he upped the 103" cubes to 110" (bolt on kit)...? This bike sees Death Valley on multiple occasions as well. He was going to bolt on 110" with stock heads. Would he be better off with head port and compression bump at 103?  For tuning reasons, not power reasons.