April 24, 2024, 08:49:23 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

valve protrusion

Started by evofatboy, February 25, 2019, 11:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evofatboy

Picked up a set of Screamin Eagle evo heads. I want to run a T-man 625. I am checking my valve to valve clearance and I need to sink the valves. Sinking the valve is going to raise the valve protrusion. What is the maximum Valve protrusion allowed? Will I need to use a shorter valve if I exceed valve protrusion limit? I also read about front cutting the valves to get added valve to valve clearance. At what angle would you face cut the valves. thanks for any help.

hdbikedoc

some times cut relief deeper into the pistons how much do you need ?
Keep your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked

koko3052

Quote from: hdbikedoc on March 16, 2019, 12:54:49 PM
some times cut relief deeper into the pistons how much do you need ?

That will have nothing to do with "valve to valve".

Deye76

WFOLarry is your friend, contact him.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Ohio HD

Search for valve protrusion in this section, been discussed.

Don D

April 06, 2019, 06:24:12 AM #5 Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 09:08:46 AM by HD Street Performance
You can sink them. Up to 2.070 and even higher is possible as long as everything else is right. Will be fine but it takes a lot of work to bring back the flow and now your chamber volume is bigger and compression was lost. Tmans stock TC bathtub heads years ago were ~92cc IIRC. If I was doing the job I would just get them clear, V to V, then adjust the protrusion by a small top cut or a custom valve, if needed to get the geometry right.