May 01, 2024, 10:27:10 PM

News:

T2 cases

Started by HighLiner, June 25, 2018, 06:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighLiner

Is anybody supplying these already drilled for factory style oiling?

topcat3815

Check  Hoban brothers, they show them on there website

N-gin

Worked out great when Hoban did mine.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

HighLiner

Thanks.  I'm just trying to minimize the potential for damage by shipping them all over the country.

kd

One of the members posted a tutorial with the procedure a few months ago. He made it look easy.  :up:
KD

Deye76

IIRC Hoban charges $129 for drilling the cases.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

No Cents

you are correct John. Hoban Brothers charges $129.95 to drill the cases.
If you aren't having Darkhorse do any other work it would probably be cheaper to just buy the drill fixture from Vulcan vs paying shipping both ways for the cases. Vulcans kit also comes with the NPT plugs to plug the cases along with the drill bit. Once you have the inside of the cam chest cavity taped up, it probably wouldn't take 10 minutes to drill the 3 holes with the fixture.
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Don D

I can and will mill the passage as well

Deye76

Quote from: No Cents on June 26, 2018, 04:32:52 PM
   you are correct John. Hoban Brothers charges $129.95 to drill the cases.
If you aren't having Darkhorse do any other work it would probably be cheaper to just buy the drill fixture from Vulcan vs paying shipping both ways for the cases. Vulcans kit also comes with the NPT plugs to plug the cases along with the drill bit. Once you have the inside of the cam chest cavity taped up, it probably wouldn't take 10 minutes to drill the 3 holes with the fixture.

Agree Ray, I assumed the guy was buying the cases through Hobans.  :embarrassed:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP