Does a 94 FXR have the plug in type ignition module?

Started by Reddog74usa, November 14, 2008, 05:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddog74usa

Just lookin to see if the 94 FXR's have the nice plug in type ignition.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Trip

Ya mean the black box that gets removed when we install the single fire ignition module in the nosecone?? ....

Reddog74usa

Yep thats the one. I haven't took the time to actually look. I'm hoping it's the plug in type as I'm not a big fan of having my ignition in the nose cone around the engine heat. I believe DTT makes a nice plug in for the later EVO's
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Trip

Ya know, since the first Shovels...the ignition has been in the nose cone..before that, the points were right there on the case in a "distributor"....i,ve never had any issues with nosecone modules...although i know they exist..i,ll bet its rarer than you think...

Reddog74usa

Points are a lot different than an electronic ignition unit and heat is the enemy when it comes to electronics. no problem I just take a look and see what I have.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

smittyon66

Under the side cover behind the oil tank. Same ignition module other big twins use.
Forget the bullsh!t - it's all about two wheels and a motor!

Buddy WMC

RD,
My 93 has a Dyna 2000 module parked behind the right side cover it uses the factory HD pickup in the cam cover. My model is single/dual fire set up as a single fire. The single fire coil mounts in the stock location between the cylinders. So far I've been real pleased with the performance and the dyno likes it on curve #2.

Reddog74usa

I just got back from a ride and checked the module. It has the plug in type  :teeth: Thanks for the replies
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT