April 27, 2024, 10:43:49 PM

News:

92 in big bore for Evo

Started by MDGFLHR, July 08, 2014, 02:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDGFLHR

I noticed Revolution Performance is now offering a 92 cu in big bore for Evolution engines. Has anyone used there products before? How do they hold up? I called them direct since this kit part number 201-220W is offered thru Dennis Kirk but isn't even up on their website, to get some info guess what not much info at all. So far the person I spoke with says it only comes in flat top but had no idea what the CR was and gave me the bore size for their 85 inch kit. So I'm wondering if its all its cracked up to be. Supposedly according to them its a straight up bolt on kit no case boring needed. If it is indeed a quality company and kit it sounds like a nice option for the Evo guys to go bigger. Any idea what bore a 92 would be?

92flhtcu

almost all Revolution Performance jugs are one time use, if they get worn, there is not enough sleeve to bore oversize
Need a bigger garage

turboprop

Many people have had bad experiences in the past with Revperformance and their nikasil cylinders. Hindsight shows it was the ring pack they used was not compatible with the nikasil. I think all that has been sorted out now. Revperformance as a company treated allot of people bad. In my case, three sets of cylinders, pistons, rings and gaskets. Revperf warrantied the nikasil but everything else was on me. In the end it cost me a friendship and I wound up buying a ductile big bore kit from another manufacturer.

Additionally, I have been banned from this forum for speaking about this experience with Revperformance. But its the truth, hopefully, I wont be banned this time. There are other, better cylinders out there being offered by companies that will stand tall when the chips are down. I recommend using anything else beside nikasil cylinders from Revperformance.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

MDGFLHR

What other options are there out there for bolt on big bore kits without boring the cases? When I have looked I haven't found much. Also I noticed Tman performance uses the same kinda cylinders/pistons in their twin cam big bore kits 107 117 and the like. What are the differences between these kits?

turboprop

The Terry Reiser's kits (t man) are from Revperformance.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Hossamania

Have you checked S&S? Always a quality product.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.