May 02, 2024, 05:11:36 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

S&S t2 case

Started by topcat3815, June 04, 2017, 05:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topcat3815

I am wanting to use a set of S&S cycle cases for my 14 wethead build but I want to drill the case for the stock oil line hook up and not use S&S kit since I have a oil bud oil cooler. Does anyone know how this is done or who,does this modification.  Thanks for all replies

Barrett

Mine was done at B&B in NOLA. It was about $180.
http://bbracingonline.com/

1workinman

Never done one but I think there is a jig that is used to drill the holes

HD/Wrench

Yes its not a huge deal. It can be don with a complete engine as well. You need to take cam chest apart , and use low pressure to blow chips back out as you drill. I feel its a better method than the S&S kit. However they are now making a oil pan for the Dyna and Bagger to make it a true bolt on.. Dyna pan is done and I think the bagger is or will be done shortly .

jmorton10

Quote from: topcat3815 on June 04, 2017, 05:59:51 AM
I am wanting to use a set of S&S cycle cases for my 14 wethead build but I want to drill the case for the stock oil line hook up and not use S&S kit since I have a oil bud oil cooler.

I used the S&S external line kit with my 124 & I also have that same oil cooler.  Works fine for me.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

topcat3815

Did you have to remove the oil cooler to install the oil lines to the engine?

jmorton10

Quote from: topcat3815 on June 06, 2017, 03:19:03 AM
Did you have to remove the oil cooler to install the oil lines to the engine?

I had the engine installed & running before installing the cooler (which I think is by far the best cooler available except for the price)

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

topcat3815

Thanks, for your reply, I will go that route

prodrag1320

we made a fixture for doing the oil lines,not a big deal,but im wondering why your not just using your cases for the build? we have many big inch,big HP/TQ builds using stock cases,no probs at all (and if you really need new cases,look at SE,tons cheaper and no oil line mods needed)

Barrett

I paid $950 for my case then $180 for the holes. I was passing by the shop in NOLA and waited while it was done. That saved me shipping.
When I added up getting the Timken insert, case bore, having the right side bearing secured and shipping It was easier for me to get new cases.
I might have paid a little more but I got a lot more in quality.

Prostock

It would be nice if S&S offered the 143 as an unassembled kit to save some $$ and we could put our personal touches to them.

02FYRFTR

Vulcan Engineering makes a template for drilling the vent, feed and return oil lines in S&S Twin Cam 2007~2017 cases to use the OEM style oil drillings.  The part number is 4659 includes template, oil plugs and drill bit.  Cost 198.00

jam65

Quote from: prodrag1320 on June 07, 2017, 04:23:51 AM
we made a fixture for doing the oil lines,not a big deal,but im wondering why your not just using your cases for the build? we have many big inch,big HP/TQ builds using stock cases,no probs at all (and if you really need new cases,look at SE,tons cheaper and no oil line mods needed)
Kirby, what would you say are the basic limits of the OEM cases with consideration to horsepower output? I will save a chunk on my 124 if I could use my worked up stockers.

02FYRFTR

Quote from: jam65 on July 11, 2017, 06:57:45 PM
Quote from: prodrag1320 on June 07, 2017, 04:23:51 AM
Kirby, what would you say are the basic limits of the OEM cases with consideration to horsepower output? I will save a chunk on my 124 if I could use my worked up stockers.

Have 131 Softail build at 167/170 for past two years ridden harddd by owner

jam65

Thanks 02 for your response. I was just thinking that I did not want to put Kirby on the hook for my question.