April 28, 2024, 10:06:05 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

PV map for MyTune?

Started by Rockout Rocker Products, June 07, 2017, 04:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockout Rocker Products

Which map do you guys start with for VE? There are no PV maps listed, I found one that works for timing but hopefully you can save me the hunt?

:beer: :beer:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Ohio HD

Email pvtech@dynojet.com and give them your particulars, they'll send you a starter MAP.

rbabos

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on June 07, 2017, 04:58:05 AM
Which map do you guys start with for VE? There are no PV maps listed, I found one that works for timing but hopefully you can save me the hunt?

:beer: :beer:
Ran into the same with my vrod. I chose one with the same software level. If, like in my case the PV cal is a 177, then choose one with the same sert or sest 177 software level cal.
Ron

Rockout Rocker Products

Quote from: Ohio HD on June 07, 2017, 05:01:39 AM
Email pvtech@dynojet.com and give them your particulars, they'll send you a starter MAP.

Thanks, but it's not a starter map I need. In MyTune you need to choose one from the pop up menu. No PV tunes are listed so you have to choose one for another tuner that has the same "grid".... MAP across the top & RPM down the left side, the graduations need to be the same as the PV.

rbabos

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on June 07, 2017, 05:36:48 AM
Quote from: Ohio HD on June 07, 2017, 05:01:39 AM

Thanks, but it's not a starter map I need. In MyTune you need to choose one from the pop up menu. No PV tunes are listed so you have to choose one for another tuner that has the same "grid".... MAP across the top & RPM down the left side, the graduations need to be the same as the PV.
My chosen SEST graduations are not the same as the PV. Better in TPS actually.  Main thing is the software levels are the same whether SERT or SEST. What PV cal are you using?
Ron

rigidthumper

Which PV map are you using? Most likely one of the SEST 617 selections would work for you.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Durwood

June 07, 2017, 10:48:57 AM #6 Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 11:43:54 AM by Durwood
If you are using MAP based VE's you will have to build an axis or have Frank at Tunemyharley do it for you, if not, look through the SEST 617 in MyTune and you will find one to use with the RPM X TPS.

Edit: corrected typo.

Rockout Rocker Products

Thanks all for the replies. I'm at work right now  :embarrassed: when I get home tonight I'll take a look at what I have.

:beer:

Rockout Rocker Products

I sent the guy a message asking for help... we'll see.

As I said, there are no PV maps listed. For knock removal I found SEST-617SFYW04 to be a perfect fit. But, the VE side of that is wrong for the PV and is TPS... I need MAP. Looking through the other 617 files doesn't find a candidate, and the "custom axis" thing is missing.... or I'm looking in the wrong place.  :idunno:

rigidthumper

So what map are you using?

Rockout Rocker Products

It's a custom map generated from strategy 617.

Coyote

Just create your own template. Btw, they are not maps, they are templates that match your map.

Rockout Rocker Products

Quote from: Coyote on June 07, 2017, 08:44:50 PM
Just create your own template. Btw, they are not maps, they are templates that match your map.

I would love to.... where is the option to do that.... I don't see it?

I realize they're not maps, but that's what the software calls it in the pull up menu.

Gordon61

I know you are supposed to be able to make your own templates but they didn't seem to work.

If you look at the sample you should be able to create a template with TPS and MAP VE tables ...the TPS were the only ones that seemed to work no matter how you kick the file.

If anyone knows how to actually write a template file that works, that would be amazing??

I only had the trial product but couldn't get the template to work so bought the other log viewer and use it to create my VE tables

rigidthumper

Here is a screenshot of the layout from a 617 base:

rigidthumper

Rockout Rocker Products

Quote from: rigidthumper on June 08, 2017, 09:29:43 AM

I get that, but that's TPS.... I need MAP. Also the axis values are wrong.... if it matters.

Thanks tho.

Rockout Rocker Products

I found the "custom axis" map... it's in the folder created by the software.... program files (X86). Editing the XML is no problem, I just don't see where to load it into the software... it doesn't come up on the pull up menu that you choose from.

rigidthumper

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on June 08, 2017, 11:10:36 AM
Quote from: rigidthumper on June 08, 2017, 09:29:43 AM

I get that, but that's TPS.... I need MAP. Also the axis values are wrong.... if it matters.

Thanks tho.
Just an example- there are a couple dozen 617 base maps to choose from.
617 base maps leave the factory as TPS, PV allows you to select MAP.  I understand what you are doing- and I understand you will need to purchase the software to manually make selections, since you are "going custom" with your selections.

Gordon61

Well there's a question...

Does a configuration file (map) not define all of the tables??  why would there be different 617 maps with different VE table sizes? and why do they seem to vary between tuning devices (and my tune)?

Are these tuners not copying out the actual config in the ECU?? ...for example I have a stock tune from a 2016 Breakout (617) that doesn't look like any of the TTS 617 tunes for a softail ...but it was taken by a Power Vision and I'm viewing it in WinPV

Apples and Oranges again?

Gordon61

The Custom Axis file is where you seem to be supposed to put your own custom maps.

There are two demo templates in there already named (and selectable from the drop down list) as Custom and Custom 2 ...or something like that, if I remember rightly)

Just edit that file, follow the syntax, and create a new template down below the others ...or that was how it was meant to be I think, I couldn't get MAP to work either  :crook:

Rockout Rocker Products

I thinks maybe MyTune isn't quite ready for prime time.

Yesterday there was NO option in the pull up menu to load any custom grids. Today, the option for custom 1 and custom 2 are there.

At work today I downloaded the trial version to play with, here's a screen shot...

[attach=0]

You can clearly see the PV MAP option available. I shut down the software & came back to it later, the option is gone...

[attach=1]  

:idunno:

I'll edit the custom 2 file & see what it looks like... assuming I even still have that option.

Rockout Rocker Products

That was easy  :hyst:

[attach=0]

Coyote

The selection of Power Vision in MT has nothing to do with the map or template. It simply tells the program what log file it is importing so it knows how to parse it.  Lots of tuners using this program (as well as myself).... just sayin.  :wink:

Rockout Rocker Products

Seems to me it sets the grid graduations to match the PV?