Author Topic: New from Arkansas  (Read 259 times)

Offline Johnwesley

New from Arkansas
« on: January 03, 2018, 04:23:02 AM »
Been looking around here for about a year and decided to join. Iíve built a few sporty engines and got an 88 TC last year. Trying to learn some so I can go the right direction for the engine build and exhaust. Looks like a lot of good people in here.

Offline SixShooter14

• HTT Greeter
  • Site Supporter
  • Proud Arkansan
Re: New from Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 05:09:14 AM »
Howdy, welcome from East Arkansas.

There's several good builders here. Check out the TC and General sections and if you can't find what you need, just ask.
'92 FXSTC mostly stock

Offline Pete_Vit

• Site Supporter
  • "No good deed goes unpunished"
    • Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 07:16:07 AM »
Another welcome from North Central Arkansas, best place on the net for anything you need or....don't need to know  :wink: kept any of those Sporties ? 
you know we've got some great roads, what part of Arkansas....Inquiring minds and all....  :SM:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS  -     AMA
http://www.harleypartscheap.com/

Offline HotRodShovel

• Site Supporter
  • NYC/S.FL
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 06:15:39 PM »
greetings John, you came to the right place.  There are several real pro's here and a ton of knowledgable guys who will sort out any issue you might have.  Just post your question and standby for comments.  Best of luck.
John
Sometimes life is like trying to share a sandwich with Rosie O'Donnell. 
John

Offline midwestcowboy

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 04:52:10 PM »
Welcome. Plenty of great folks here, and glad to share knowledge. I'm around Dora Missouri, and love runnin the backroads

Offline Johnwesley

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 04:34:54 AM »
Thanks for all the welcomes  :baby:

This fxd is my back roads bike, it been along string of different styles brands of bikes to get me here. I really blame it on the 2005 sportster. Iíve loved all the rigid sportsters I had owned and the 05 was my first rubber bike. It never really felt like a sportster to me. It was bigger and just not right, didnít have the ďfeelĒ of the old quick light sporties. I found my self with this question, what not get a Superglide. I mean this xl reminded me of the evo Superglide my uncle had when I was a kid. I found a deal on this one and the xl is no more. The fxd serves as light duty touring and back road runner, which Arkansas has plenty of. My multi state bike is a Cheiftian, but thatís a story for a different forum.

Offline Hossamania

• K1600 Owner in Training
  • Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 05:45:58 AM »
We don't mind hearing about your Chieftan. This site is almost all things motorcycle, and the debate goes on often on which is a good bike, a better bike, a not so good bike, etc. Earl's Place is open to most topics. (No religion, no politics, it never ends well.)
BMWs get discussed here often as an alternative to HD, many members own them. I rode one for ten days, it was sweet. I would be interested to hear about your observations owning and riding the Indian.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Offline Johnwesley

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 06:46:14 AM »
We don't mind hearing about your Chieftan.  (No religion, no politics, it never ends well.)
BMWs get discussed here often as an alternative to HD, many members own them. I rode one for ten days, it was sweet. I would be interested to hear about your observations owning and riding the Indian.

For some motorcycle brand is religion  :gob:

I grew up riding on the back of dads Harleys. So I diffently have HD in my blood. Pops has a few touring Harleyís and his fav is the road glide version, he also has a roadmaster he likes. The suspension is really the biggest difference between the HD and the Indian touring bikes. The Indian just feels more planted in spirited riding and more compliant over ruff roads. No really bottoming. For me its just preference, on feel and ride. I could be happy on either. I ended up on the Indian because they gave me a good trade in and have treated me right over the last 50,000 miles. Matter of fact that dealership is who I got the Superglide from.

Offline Hossamania

• K1600 Owner in Training
  • Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 07:28:52 AM »
I will agree that suspension is an area that HD has always struggled.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.