Author Topic: Howdy from NoVA  (Read 132 times)

Offline CarlDK

Howdy from NoVA
« on: July 06, 2017, 07:20:45 PM »
Howdy. Back in the saddle after a two year hiatus. Been riding off and on my whole life. Took the Harley route back in 2005 while assigned to Korea. Motored around the Peninsula and then was reassigned to Germany. Motored around Europe and got reassigned to Washington DCÖhad a couple of expeditions to unfriendly lands interspersed in there. Been motoring around Northern VA rather sparingly over the past few years until my kids gained some independence. Most recently had a fantasy of traveling to my son's College Baseball games by motorcycle. Had been kicking this around for a while until I finally got the bug this year and dropped a chunk of change on a 2017 Road Glide Special...Laguna Orange. Negotiated forward controls as part of the sale to get me as much leg room as possible. Settled on a LePera Cobra and it affords me plenty of room to slide around on.  Don't know if I'll make it an all day seat but most certainly can handle it for three or so hour stretches. Full intent is to fly solo, as I'm pretty big, and venture out to other destinations between home games. No intent to use it as a commuter bike but may, on occasion, tool into work for a change of pace. Well, I think thatís enough for now. Glad to be part of the community.
~anything worth doing is worth doing in excess...

Online Hossamania

• Site Supporter
Re: Howdy from NoVA
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 08:57:30 PM »
Welcome to the sight, Carl. You will find a lot of info here, and anything you can contribute is appreciated! (Watch out for Preacher Son's posts, you just never know what you're going to walk into...)
You live in a beautiful area for riding, and have a pretty sweet ride for it.
Happiness does not buy money.

Online harleytuner

• Wide Open Cycles
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 04:42:18 AM »
Welcome from Fredericksburg Va.  We have a few members here from our area.  Be careful though,  these guys sire do like to spend your money for you. 
Enjoying the hell out of my "hotted" up twincam

Offline SixShooter14

• HTT Greeter
  • Site Supporter
  • Proud Arkansan
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 07:23:15 AM »
Howdy, welcome from Arkansas.

Don't worry about Preacher, just be careful shaking his hand...
'92 FXSTC mostly stock

Offline Princess Butt

• Site Supporter
  • Woodbridge, Virginia
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 05:29:04 PM »
Been in this area for 35+ years. There's tons of good riding here. Stay away from the shopping areas on the weekends, and I95 can be a bear on the weekends during the summer with the beach and through vacation traffic.
Run out west on 55 to Front Royal, or down toward central Virginia via US 15 and US 29. We're a quick run to Skyline Drive, and a lot of historical interest attractions like Mt. Vernon, Monticello, a bunch of Civil War sites, and of course the usual tourist stuff downtown.
Enjoy the ride!
Shiny side up, rubber side down.