Author Topic: Baker New release for drive bearing  (Read 779 times)

Offline GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Premium Vendor
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 01:46:52 PM by FSG »
www.gmrperformance.com  www.compensaver.com
817-741-2000   FORT WORTH TX

Offline FSG

• BrisVegas in Oz
  • Administrator
  • BrisVegas
Re: Baker New release for drive bearing
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 01:49:09 PM »

Offline Ohio HD

• Professional Cat Herder
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 01:50:52 PM »

:SM:            http://harleytechtalk.com/index.php?topic=100821.0                    :chop:

For the best deal on bike parts, call Calif Phil
     www.harleypartscheap.com

Offline GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Premium Vendor
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 01:55:18 PM »
I know that many do not go looking in the vendor section .. But is another new item.. have  done the GB but not this kit same set up though ..   In my shop if you loose that bearing I am installing a new gear set or not doing the work. Have had a few come back with failures after a short time. Its a bunch of metal going through everything and HD has the complete kit pretty low priced at this point .

Not seeing as many bearing failures as we did early on . I keep waiting for mine to fail but even with all of the beating it keeps on going so until it breaks I will leave it alone .. Customer upgrades I can see where this would be nice . Price wise could be a tough sell though .. Will have to wait and see .
www.gmrperformance.com  www.compensaver.com
817-741-2000   FORT WORTH TX

Online misfitJason

• Site Supporter
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 05:50:00 PM »
 :koolaid:

Looks like a nice upgrade.  Wonder how much labor I would have to pay to get one of these installed?  This would not be a job I would tackle myself. 
2006 Dyna, Kraftech Evo Softail

Offline Just Nick

• Stop staring at my wife's boobs
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 08:12:51 AM »
It is a great upgrade I have been "testing" this bearing in my dyna for about a year now and what a difference it makes.
 I did  not expect it but when I installed this bearing it did transform the way my bike rode and the entire shifting side of my bike was
 way better. I installed this bearing and did nothing else, but the bearing I had rode the 20 miles to work that morning and installed the bearing then
 on the way home it felt like a different bike keep in mind the bike only had 1k miles on it then so it was new. Riding home I kept going right past the house
 because it was a completely different ride I could not understand how much better if rode even just twisting the throttle in 6th gear there felt to be no slop
 it was on or off real tight. I called Baker the next morning and we had a conference call with all the sales and engineering teams at Baker later that day
 and they told me it was only going to be available for there transmissions I told them they were nuts and the knockoff company's were going to steel there
 idea and make money off of them. Now the Price is up there but they have to supply a MDG with it them make all the spacers and races. It is worth it, it will be the last
 Main drive bearing you buy. We have done a few of the GB trans with this bearing and they work great We have also done a few of just the bearings and my customers have asked what else did I do to there bikes it leaves them speechless a couple of them swear I tuned there bikes at the same time it is such a drastic change.
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

Online kd

• Site Supporter
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 08:31:15 AM »
This kit is included with the Grudge Box. That means the Grudge Box is actually $600 less than what it appears to be. Hmmmmm ......
KD

Offline Ohio HD

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 08:45:31 AM »
????    :scratch:               You can't buy a GB without it...  sooo......       :crash:

www.harleypartscheap.com

Online kd

• Site Supporter
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 03:15:37 PM »
????    :scratch:               You can't buy a GB without it...  sooo......       :crash:

Here you go Brian. $3400 retail. Bullet point #5 shows the bearing is included. $3400 - $600 = $2800 for the GB Street version.  :fish:  Still lots of bucks but I may be talking myself into it yet.  :hyst:

https://bakerdrivetrain.com/products/the-grudgebox
KD

Offline Ohio HD

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 03:22:45 PM »
??? ?    :scratch:               You can't buy a GB without it...  sooo......       :crash:

Here you go Brian. $3400 retail. Bullet point #5 shows the bearing is included. $3400 - $600 = $2800 for the GB Street version.  :fish:  Still lots of bucks but I may be talking myself into it yet.  :hyst:

https://bakerdrivetrain.com/products/the-grudgebox

I think the gears are included too!    :SM:

www.harleypartscheap.com

Online kd

• Site Supporter
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 04:55:40 PM »
I see that. Now you’re getting it too. Hmmmmm ........ maybe time to give Phil a call eh?  :potstir:
KD

Offline Ohio HD

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 06:32:21 PM »
Oh, we been talking about them shift boxes.    :scoot:

www.harleypartscheap.com

Offline Templer

• For God and Country
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 07:47:26 AM »
From a previous post here on HTT I had my OEM MDG bearing checked  and replaced. It was just as stated by the post. This was @ 30,000 miles and before the 124 upgrade. Now I have to pounder the extra HP/TRQ on the replacement bearing. By the time I install the Baker setup MDG and the shift drum I may as well get a GB street!! OH I just remembered I HAVE BEEN trying for a few YEARS DD7/GB and (I felt) throw down by Baker on Black Friday!!! Is the newer MDG setup also installed in the DD7??

Offline Just Nick

• Stop staring at my wife's boobs
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 07:27:33 AM »
Yes it is on the DD7 Now
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

Offline jsachs1

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 03:54:49 PM »
And the Grudge Box comes with a tool kit for it, and the main drive bearing to R&R. :up:
John