Author Topic: M8 S&S Grand Nationals Slip Ons  (Read 839 times)

Offline lonegoosehonking

M8 S&S Grand Nationals Slip Ons
« on: September 29, 2017, 10:06:06 AM »
Anyone running the Grand Nationals on a Touring Bike?

Offline SLAATY

Re: M8 S&S Grand Nationals Slip Ons
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 02:58:33 PM »
Nobody? I was kind of interested in these too. Save some coin over the MK45ís.

Offline lucasg

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 06:05:51 PM »
I'm not using either of those mufflers, but they sure do sound good on S&S video YouTube.  I believe they had a set of MK45's hooked up to a Vance & Hines power duals head pipes.  Sounded beautiful at idle and really woke up taking off.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful....

Offline lonegoosehonking

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 06:41:48 PM »
Well I decided to take the plunge. Just got a pair delivered. Going with the black mufflers and the ceramic exhaust covers from HD. Should get them on tomorrow or the next day and report back. Fuel Moto had them for $459 + $15 shipping.  Fuel Moto shipped them out quick great service and price. . Unboxed them and they look like they are built well. Steel outer baffle and steel inner DB reducer. No packing to replace. Bike is on my lift just need to squeeze out time to install.  They are EPA compliant.

Offline SLAATY

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 04:29:31 PM »
Well I decided to take the plunge. Just got a pair delivered. Going with the black mufflers and the ceramic exhaust covers from HD. Should get them on tomorrow or the next day and report back. Fuel Moto had them for $459 + $15 shipping.  Fuel Moto shipped them out quick great service and price. . Unboxed them and they look like they are built well. Steel outer baffle and steel inner DB reducer. No packing to replace. Bike is on my lift just need to squeeze out time to install.  They are EPA compliant.

So whatís the word? Itís been 24 hours, and NO man would wait that long to hang a new exhaust!  :pop:

Offline lonegoosehonking

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 03:47:02 AM »
Installed the heat shields and Mufflers last night. With the DB reducer in , the Mufflers are louder than stock but more on the quiet side.
Cruising they are quiet nice rumble but not real loud. Romp on it and you hear more rumble than the stock mufflers. When I talked to Fuel Moto , their opinion was they sounded better with the DB reducers out. My opinion is since they are EPA compliant they are going to be quieter to satisfy the reg's. That's why they give you the option of pulling out the DB reducer to uncork the sound. Fit and finish are nice. 

Offline SLAATY

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 09:40:24 AM »
Thanks for the review; for the savings over the MK45ís I think theyíre worth it. Especially when you consider the pricing at Fuel Moto.

Enjoy!  :bike:

Offline lucasg

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 10:32:28 AM »
Thanks Lonegoose for your opinions on your new mufflers.  Did you have the dealer install a tuner when you took delivery of your bike or can these mufflers be installed without doing anything to the ecm such as a flas download or tune ?

Thanks again,  much appreciated.

Offline lonegoosehonking

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 08:50:56 AM »
But there's more !!!  :SM: I came home friday after hell day at work. I wanted see what the mufflers sounded like with the DB reducers out. I felt with the reducers  they were a little too quiet  for my taste. As I stated previously they were louder than stock. To take the reducers out you remove three screws and bam its in your hand. I put never seize on the screws and reinstalled the end caps. Went off for a ride friday night. Sound is much better its a rumble and when you crack throttle it barks but nothing annoying. Went to Grandsons football game and met up with some friends to ride.
250 miles later I like the mufflers. I didn't put a tuner on yet. No decel popping bike runs great with them. Friends said that they could hear me and when I cracked throttle it sounded good. So for now DB reducers are staying out. I like some noise but on a long day of riding too much gets irritating. For touring I think you could run these and get off after 500 miles and not have your ears ringing.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 09:29:14 AM by lonegoosehonking »