Author Topic: 1991, 124", FXR, RedShift 647, Zippers G3 Carb, Guppy Exhaust, Zippers Heads  (Read 2845 times)

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
This is a break in tune that was done by Zippers a couple weeks ago. The AFR is still rich in the areas of wider throttle openings and other than the dials on the module, the timing was not addressed. The plan is to make a couple changes then get it back on the drum in a few months and squeeze it a little more. The goal is 160 SAE with a complete AC system in place and the baffle in the Guppy.

The clutch used during this dyno session was a '98 and up basket with an Energy One kevlar pack, variable pressure hat from AIM and a heavy spring from Barnett. It was discovered after the session that the outer primary cover did not have enough clearance for the fly weights and the transmission main shaft was bent. Some of the ripples on the curves are attributed to the clutch/mainshaft issues. The clutch has since been swapped out for a Bandit Sportsman. After next dyno session, the VPC clutch will be swapped back in. 

Broad brush strokes:

S&S TC cases/evo style rear mount. S&S 4-⅛" bolt pattern
S&S SSW head castings, w/extensive mods by Zippers
Red Shift 647 gear drive cams
Baisley rocker arms
HyLift Johnson Race Lifters
Smith Bros ⅜" adjustable pushrods.
S&S forged cam plate
S&S 3-Stage oil pump
S&S Reed Valve
Hoban Bros crank w/Carrillo rods
S&S Super D Intake
Zippers G3 carb w/2 Thunderjets
Zippers big air cleaner
JBV Racing Guppy III exhaust pipe
Daytona Twin Tech ignition

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 05:17:45 PM by Coyote »
'Never try to teach a pig to sing, it only wastes your time and annoys the pig'.

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
The Bike;

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 05:16:26 PM by Coyote »
'Never try to teach a pig to sing, it only wastes your time and annoys the pig'.

Offline Jonny Cash

stout!!  Bad FXR!
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

Offline Ohio HD

• Professional Cat Herder
  • Administrator
  • OH CRAP!
And if you think in terms of power to weight ratio, that's a runner.
For the best deal on bike parts, call Calif Phil
     www.harleypartscheap.com

Offline Hossamania

• K1600 Owner in Training
  • Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
I see you went with the sleeper paint job...

That motor makes nice power, once dialed in it is going to be a killer. Nice job!
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
I see you went with the sleeper paint job...

That motor makes nice power, once dialed in it is going to be a killer. Nice job!

Shit, its already killer. Very few have ever ridden a 150 horse bike, let alone in a lightweight bike like an FXR.

As for the paint, I am not very creative.  I tend to pay attention to Ducati and Carol Shelby and then try to leverage their stuff against my projects.

Offline pwmorris

:up: :up:
That will get er' done!
For an initial tune, or final tune for that matter, and in that light street bike set up, hold on baby!

Online No Cents

• there is no cure for what I got !
   looks good Ed!   :up:
That should be a blast to ride.

Ray
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
:up: :up:
That will get er' done!
For an initial tune, or final tune for that matter, and in that light street bike set up, hold on baby!

Thanks PW. It is a lot of fun. Even without trying I tend to walk away from my buddies, most of which have some pretty stout engines in their FXRs.

I think the goal of 160hp SAE is easily obtainable with this engine and will be very street friendly as well. The Zippers crew had never seen a Guppy pipe let alone had one on their dyno. They were very impressed that the engine made the power it did with a baffled 2-1 pipe and a closed AC.

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
   looks good Ed!   :up:
That should be a blast to ride.

Ray

This bike with its radical brakes and suspension has always been fun. This motor takes stupid to a whole new level.

I should also say a few words about the transmission. This is probably the finest shifting Harley I have ever ridden. Andrews close ratio gear set w/an 'R' ratio second gear from Baker, back cut by Zippers, and uses the '02 and up harley shifter drum, blocks and pawl. The gears are spaced perfectly for the light bike and shifting is effortless, precise and error free.

Additionally, the drum has been shimmed to less than .001" side play and the bushing for the shifter pawl was undersized and honed to fit very precisely on the shifter pawl shaft. Same thing with the bushings in the shifter tube that goes through the primary case. They were also undersized and honed for a precise fit on the shift lever.

Offline festus

• Site Supporter
looking good.
What is the gear ratio?
Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself.

Offline Azgunner

Very impressive Turbo... nice to have someone like Zippers work with you on a project like that. With the initial tune it's still not done producing.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Online Barrett

Did you use the 1.725 rockers?
I was lookin at the 110" Muscle kit with the 687's w/1.725's and wondering if you went there also.

Offline kd

• Site Supporter
Specs show RS 647's.
KD

Online Barrett

Specs show RS 647's.
I know. There's an in depth comment about the extra lift in the post from Zippers muscle kit.
I was wondering if he used them with his 647's.

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
Very impressive Turbo... nice to have someone like Zippers work with you on a project like that. With the initial tune it's still not done producing.

Thank you. Zippers was wonderful to work with. Very professional.

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
I was lookin at the 110" Muscle kit with the 687's w/1.725's and wondering if you went there also.

I did not.

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter

The engine was set up on the high side of the RS647s and on the low side for the RS687 cams, with everything clearanced for both. I may eventually try the R687 cams.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 08:49:08 AM by turboprop »

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
looking good.
What is the gear ratio?

I forget. The primary drive is 25/36, but I forget the numbers on the sprockets. I geared it to be close to 3.37 final drive. As I recall it came out just slightly under that. The dyno pulls were done in fourth gear I think.

Offline 1workinman

• Site Supporter
Looks like a runner to me . There is something to be said about controlling the torque curve on a light weight bike .

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
Looks like a runner to me . There is something to be said about controlling the torque curve on a light weight bike .

It is a lot of fun. High powered FXRs are somewhat common to me. I rode a friends new dyna something or other this week. Aside from the sportsters, it was one of the lightest big twins in the current line up. What a pig. It moved slow and awkward. 150 horse in an FXR with a tricked out suspension and world class brakes just sort of seems like how they are should be.

Offline 1workinman

• Site Supporter

It is a lot of fun. High powered FXRs are somewhat common to me. I rode a friends new dyna something or other this week. Aside from the sportsters, it was one of the lightest big twins in the current line up. What a pig. It moved slow and awkward. 150 horse in an FXR with a tricked out suspension and world class brakes just sort of seems like how they are should be.
  No doubt lol bad to the bone

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
Someone sent a message asking about the various internal coatings. Here is a picture of the pistons and heads. The coatings were done by Polydyn via Zippers. Surprisingly, the various coatings were not very expensive.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 05:21:48 PM by Coyote »

Offline Hossamania

• Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
So the heads were coated externally as well? Did you leave them that way, with the tan color, and were the cylinders done as well to match? Do you have a picture if so?
I'm interested on your experience with the coatings long term as well, if you think they help cool the motor, or make it more efficient.

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
So the heads were coated externally as well? Did you leave them that way, with the tan color, and were the cylinders done as well to match? Do you have a picture if so?
I'm interested on your experience with the coatings long term as well, if you think they help cool the motor, or make it more efficient.

No ceramic coatings externally, only the chambers, exhaust ports, piston crowns, skirts and underside. The exterior of the heads is raw aluminum. The cylinders and engine case is black powder coat.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 05:23:07 PM by Coyote »

Offline Hossamania

• Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
Looks good. The original pics made it look like the heads were coated externally, just an optical illusion.

Offline Hossamania

• Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
And you were right, not too many people have ridden a 150 horse V twin motor in a lightweight bike. I have not. So, you know, if I'm in you're neighborhood, ......

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
And you were right, not too many people have ridden a 150 horse V twin motor in a lightweight bike. I have not. So, you know, if I'm in you're neighborhood, ......

Do you have a current flight physical? Kidding. Let me know if you are ever near Fayetteville, NC. I have a couple of these beasts in the garage.

Offline Hossamania

• Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
Flight physical? Ah, no. The nurse probably wouldn't even let me in to see the doctor. They don't want someone dropping in their office!
Thank you, a very generous offer. I doubt I would be able to take you up on the offer, but it is greatly appreciated.

Offline 1FSTRK

VERY NICE
Great follow up to the detailed build thread you started on this project.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Offline jspeed

Top notch build with as expected amazing results! Love it! It's the details...

Do you have more pics of the bike together?

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter

With the Evo Taj-Mah-Motor and Bassani Road Rage pipe;

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 05:28:36 PM by Coyote »

Offline biggzed

So is this the Smack-A-Hoe motor from your other thread?

Zach

Offline jspeed

So wicked, that helmet though!
That bike has it all down to rip: stop, go, and shred canyons. Impressed man!

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter

Zach

Yes.

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
So wicked, that helmet though!
That bike has it all down to rip: stop, go, and shred canyons. Impressed man!

Thats an old HALO jump helmet from my time in the Army.  This bike was built to do all that. Thank you for the kind words.

Offline rredneckn2

• Site Supporter
Nice job Ed!! And no more changing drive belts in a parking lot.

Online JC 92FXRS

• Site Supporter
That is very impressive work.  :up:
Jeff
"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence"

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
Nice job Ed!! And no more changing drive belts in a parking lot.

If you were referring to Maggie Valley two years ago, it was a broken shifter shaft, four hours away from home. Luckily a friend lived not too far away and had a TIG and most of the tools to pull the inner primary. Nothing like earring apart your bike on the floor while all your friends complain about the time.

Offline John/1

Good job Ed I also have a set of zipper raised ports cylinder head for my evo hope to have it running soon.
John
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 02:29:37 PM by John/1 »

Offline Azgunner

What exhaust is on your bike in the 2nd from bottom photo in REPLY #31? Did you try that pipe on this build before switching to the Guppy?

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
What exhaust is on your bike in the 2nd from bottom photo in REPLY #31? Did you try that pipe on this build before switching to the Guppy?

I don't see any pictures in reply #31?

Offline Nastytls

It's a picture of the back side of the bike. It has chrome shocks on it and what appears to be a different exhaust, definitely not a Bassani2-1.

Congratulations on your final product, it's sick! I agree, they should all come like this. Too bad most Harley people don't appreciate or understand what a good handling/braking motorcycle is, HD might actually make one from the factory.

Offline Azgunner

Here ya go, 2nd photo from bottom.

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter

Those pipes are Cycle Shack 2-2 with 2" head pipes and tapered mufflers with the baffles removed.

They were never run with the TC124 engine. With the Evo 106 they made more peak HP than the Bassani Road Rage but overall did not make as much power. I still have them and plan to try them in future dyno sessions.

Offline Will-Run

• Site Supporter
Who made the side covers?. They look great. I bought a set from Rifle Fairing, that were absolute crap and couldn't be
 used. Thanks.
Lean Angle, " Is Life."

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
It's a picture of the back side of the bike. It has chrome shocks on it and what appears to be a different exhaust, definitely not a Bassani2-1.

Congratulations on your final product, it's sick! I agree, they should all come like this. Too bad most Harley people don't appreciate or understand what a good handling/braking motorcycle is, HD might actually make one from the factory.

Thanks for the kind words.

Harley did make some great handling bikes, they were called Buell's. The brakes on this bike are what the sport bikes upgrade to. The Brembo RCS master cylinders have even been outlawed in some classes of racing as they provide too much of an advantage over the oem stuff. The BrakeTech rotors on the front are really not fro the Harley crowd as they are true race grade disks and make a ton of noise. Just sitting at stop lights I have had people roll down their windows to let me know something on my bike is rattling. Definitely not for the crowd that festers over lifter noise. The front pads are Ferrodo ZROC compound and take a good bit to get warmed up. Once they are up to temp, between them and the MC's, the bike fade is minimal. I am on the gas deeper than anyone I ride with. Turn after turn the brakes are consistent. I can throttle deep into a curve and stand on the brakes at the last minute, downshift and punch out while my friends behind me are running off the road cursing me. The Lyndall on the rear with the Harley/Brembo caliper is better than the oem FXR era stuff, but they are not in the same league as the stuff on the front. Will eventually upgrade to a set of Brembo mono block calipers and Galfer one-piece brake lines in place of the 3AN stuff that is currently in place.

The suspension is not finished. The swingarm is from a '02 bagger and while it is very stiff, it weighs way too much. While overall weight is important, the amount of un sprung mass in that arm is the stuff that keeps me up at night. The goal is an aluminum arm and a set of BST CF wheels. Maybe a set of Ohlins road and track legs if I had the coin.

Not sure if you caught it, but the front fork has been lengthened at the bottom. The usual, arm chair, do nothing critics all said the sky would fall, etc. Five years, lots of hard riding, 30k miles, and its still going. Last winter during its service, I sent the external extensions to a metallurgist at GMI to be checked. They came back with a very clean bill of health. Amazing. Not surprisingly, those same arm-chair do nothings have been very silent on this thread. Too funny.

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
Who made the side covers?. They look great. I bought a set from Rifle Fairing, that were absolute crap and couldn't be
 used. Thanks.

Thank you. The side covers are true carbon fiber pieces and were made by my good friend Joe Biesel at Deviant Fabrications.

Joes website says the CF ones are out of stock but if you contact him he will make you a set.

http://deviantfabrications.com/product/carbon-fiber-side-covers-for-fxr/

Joe's FRP (Fiber Reinforced Plastic) units are also very nice and are in stock.

http://deviantfabrications.com/product/black-fxr-side-cover/

Offline Will-Run

• Site Supporter
 Thank you. Will do.
Lean Angle, " Is Life."

Offline pwmorris

Congratulations on your final product, it's sick! I agree, they should all come like this. Too bad most Harley people don't appreciate or understand what a good handling/braking motorcycle is, HD might actually make one from the factory]

The usual, arm chair, do nothing critics all said the sky would fall, etc. Five years, lots of hard riding, 30k miles, and its still going. Last winter during its service, I sent the external extensions to a metallurgist at GMI to be checked. They came back with a very clean bill of health. Amazing. Not surprisingly, those same arm-chair do nothings have been very silent on this thread. Too funny.
Funny, and disappointing at the same time.

Unfortunately, this is becoming more and more common. Just went thru this on the big bore short stroke 114" thread, with me apparently being really the only one who actually had tested advantages/disadvantages of this design, and tested the long stroke stuff as well. The "experts" never ONCE posted a single example of their own work and testing, running oversquare HD builds, yet had amazing , laughable false confidence positions based on..........nothing they had actually done......this ain't good.
More humor, or truth-when S&S didn't have to piggyback the HD stuff and was free to actually made their own motor the way they wanted to-the X Wedge-(too bad it was a marketing, big picture, nightmare trying to go around and not use HD frames😟).......guess what? It was a square motor or big bore/short stroke design with way more torque than HP....wow. :banghead:

When I was starting out, (Knowing nothing but determined to learn), I respected people who had done something, put in the hundreds of hours of sweat and knew what they were talking about. There was only TWO positions-those who knew what the hell they were talking about, based on experience (both good and bad), and those who wanted to learn from them, or aspired to test and try to achieve their own goals to achieve or exceed what those before them had done.
 Unfortunately, over the last decade with the internet so readily available to do research and piggyback on others work, a "do nothing" can toot their horn and have a position based on nothing the have actually achieved or put in doing the work (with all the failure and success sticking your own neck out comes with).

Look carefully at some of the posts on this amazing engine. Here we have a 150 hp plus motor (at initial tune), ripping a 5 hour each way trip just after break in. Then this motor rides with every bike at a huge event, and absolutely dominates every bike in touring, cornering, full power, reliability, hot restarts, and every damn other measuring stick a very hi-performance V Twin can be measured by.
This is not a drag motor, a bar hopper, or any other hi maintenance "big number" bike making more HP.
Yet, some guys (who in their dreams couldn't achieve this level of performance and
Daily driven reliability ), can't even say "nice work", "great job", or simply show respect for the hundreds of hours of design, sweat, build, tune, and every other measuring stick a build of this caliber is.
 Geez....

Offline Nastytls

There are those that do, and there are those that that think about it but say it's too difficult. I'd rather be a do-er and prove the "thinkers" wrong.

Not sure if you caught it, but the front fork has been lengthened at the bottom. The usual, arm chair, do nothing critics all said the sky would fall, etc. Five years, lots of hard riding, 30k miles, and its still going. Last winter during its service, I sent the external extensions to a metallurgist at GMI to be checked. They came back with a very clean bill of health. Amazing. Not surprisingly, those same arm-chair do nothings have been very silent on this thread. Too funny.

Offline GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Premium Vendor
I know what its like to work on a project for a long time and when you are done it an amazing feeling. Never worked on a bike that long but my 62 pickup was a 7 year project..  you have done an stellar job on choosing parts for the build .  :up:  I can only imagine the smile on your face when you get to ride this FXR. I would think its time to find some import bikes to play with at this level ..  :teeth:
www.gmrperformance.com  www.compensaver.com
817-741-2000   FORT WORTH TX

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
I know what its like to work on a project for a long time and when you are done it an amazing feeling. Never worked on a bike that long but my 62 pickup was a 7 year project..  you have done an stellar job on choosing parts for the build .  :up:  I can only imagine the smile on your face when you get to ride this FXR. I would think its time to find some import bikes to play with at this level ..  :teeth:

Thanks Steve. These bikes are many things to and for me, but they will never be finished. My only child is a daughter that is currently 12 years old. Not sure who her life partner will end up being, but I hope he/she is into fast Harleys and tools. If I were smart, I would sell all this harley stuff and buy a an Africa Twin and something made by Ducati. Even with the initial loss on the harley stuff I would still come out ahead after a couple years.

Anyways, hope all is well for you Steve.

PS - My friend Mike Pantazzi said you helped him out with his exhaust stuff. Mike is an amazingly skilled welder and hopefully he will pick up what goes into an effective exhaust system.

Offline Will-Run

• Site Supporter
 It is an extreme misfortune for all of us , that you are not running the MoCo. I greatly admire the way you see , plan and
  execute projects. Not just a load of crap that does little more than shine in the sun, and make noise. Thanks for sharing.
Lean Angle, " Is Life."

Offline Templer

• For God and Country
What you didn't trust the OEM front end and brakes???  :pop:  :hyst:

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
Aside from the power, my inner circle of friends that have ridden this bike all rave over the transmission and hand controls. 

The transmission was built on a Delkron case and consists of a an Andrews close ratio gear set and shafts, an 'R' ratio second gear set from Baker, Zippers/Bassano trap door, drum pawl and pillow blocks from an '02 and up five speed, and upgraded bearings throughout. The gears have been back cut by Zippers. The drum has been shimmed to less than .001" side clearance, the bushing for the shifter pawl has honed for a very close fit (I forget the spec), ARP 12pt hardware is used throughout. The end cover is a Baker hydraulic unit.

Sort of related is the tube for the mid-shift control. The bushings in it were replaced with undersized units and then honed for a very close fit. The heim joints used for the linkage are the best aviation grade units that I could find at the time.

Lets just say the transmission in this bike is not the average five speed. Its shifts are very precise and reliable. In this configuration, I can't think of a single incidence where it has missed a shift and the gear spacing is ideal. Much better than anything out of Harley.

The hand controls on this bike are Brembo 19mm RCS units and have adjustable reach and aspect ratio.

Again, my inner circle of friends with Harley's (and sport bikes) are all very blown away by the power, but the next things they talk about are how well it shifts and how much they like the controls.

The brakes on this bike are not for everyone, especially the harley crowd. They rattle, make a shit ton of noise, have to be warmed up, etc. Even with the pads warmed up, very few of my friends are willing to stay on the gas too deep into a curve and then stand on the brakes. It takes some getting used to. I also have a TC bagger. Riding it feels archaic, like I am am driving a blimp.

Anyways, glad to see some feedback here. Thanks.

Offline Hossamania

• Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
I would have no problem with the noise from the brakes, and I understand the technique of late, hard braking. That is the way I normally run. I've always felt it was better to brake a little hard for a shorter amount of time, than to brake weakly and build up a lot of heat for a longer period of time.
It sounds like you have really taken the time and effort to put together a complete package and succeeded.
Congratulations!

Offline biggzed

I thought so, but I thought that motor was going in a different bike. You had posted pics of a bike you were putting together that had Forbidden risers, a T-Sport fairing and a blue and white paint scheme. Doesn't really matter, the end result is simply amazing.

I joined this site many years ago because I was researching a handling problem I was having with a '99 bagger. You were one of the people speaking from experience and actual technical knowledge in a thread I was reading. Most replies were promoting whatever someone had already bought or what their buddy bought, no real critical thinking/honesty in most of those replies. Completing projects like this and documenting them for this site is appreciated by many, myself included.

Keep doing what you are doing and thank you for your service.

Zach

Zach

Yes.

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
Good observation. Yes, until late April, this engine was in one of my other FXR chassis. I had planned to ride the new project bike to an FXR event in early June, but as the date approached I didn't think I would have that bike completed. 

The decision was made to pull the evo out of my red bike and swap this engine in its place. I am currently building another large displacement TC engine to put into the new project bike. The plan is to ride the new bike to the FXR event next year. The details of the new engine have not been worked out. I am leaning towards a 4.250" bore with a a 4" stroke, low compression (10.5 -ish) some short duration .600' - .625' lift cam, a set of heads from Zippers, a little Mik45 carb. make it a long range cruise missile, set up for very spirited touring (think Cannon Ball Run).

The new blue/white bike is sort of different for me. The high risers, sport fairing, saddlebags (canvas), passenger foot pegs (?), are all way out of my normal build profile. But its been fun. Whoever it was that told me to use a wiring harness from an FXD was a freakin idiot. I'd like to go back in time and throat punch him for that idea.

Having multiple FXRs (and a bagger) allows me the luxury to build slow and deliberate. My bikes typically take several years to complete. Lots of planning, mockup, fitting, finishing, etc. Dealing with twenty five year old castings is fun. Its very rare that I work on a trans or inner primary case that doesn't have several holes that need inserts and gasket surfaces that require lapping.

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
Forgot to mention the S&S reed valve. My S&S TC case came with one of those reed valves. I hummed and hawed over wether or not to install it.

Reading the various discussions on this page, one gets the impression that these little reed valves are responsible for all the hate in the world, global warming, high taxes. The reed valve caused all of it according to the online experts.

I spoke to an engineer at S&S. Had a job tittle of VP of oiling systems. Seemed like a pretty smart fellow that had access to a lot of hard data. Based on that conversation, I put the reed valve in. Surprisingly, my wife didn't leave me, the world didn't end, etc.

My recipe included a 3-phase oil pump and forged cam plate from S&S as well as their engine case. The heads are vented via ports under the rocker boxes and feed into a catch can. The catch can allows me to capture and measure (somewhat) what comes out of the head breathers.

After riding the bike five hours on the highway, then all over/around Maggie Valley for three days and then another five hours home, the catch can had maybe two shot glasses worth of oil/muck in it.   

Offline Will-Run

• Site Supporter
 I'm going blind trying to figure from the pictures , on this Red Weapon , what rubber you are running. What works for
 the way you use it?. Mine is on Night Dragons.  Thanks.
Lean Angle, " Is Life."

Offline Azgunner

Those pipes are Cycle Shack 2-2 with 2" head pipes and tapered mufflers with the baffles removed.

They were never run with the TC124 engine. With the Evo 106 they made more peak HP than the Bassani Road Rage but overall did not make as much power. I still have them and plan to try them in future dyno sessions.

Aha, they looked like a 2 into 1 exh. from the angle of the photo. I'll be looking forward to seeing how it does with the CSs. I have the same exhaust except with the baffles still in on my S&S 124" crate motor. Trying to address an electrical issue right now & haven't had it on a dyno yet.  BTW looks like we have the same light set-up on our Glocks, great for things that go bump in the night.

Offline Templer

• For God and Country
"After riding the bike five hours on the highway, then all over/around Maggie Valley for three days and then another five hours home, the catch can had maybe two shot glasses worth of oil/muck in it."
 :agree:
I think that the 2 piece intake carb or TB is the only way to go. The use of a catch can MAY BE INCORRECT for EPA but i like NOT having that h2o/oil in the manifold or going thru to the internals. Very nice choice on the brake change!!  My 32 x 30 calipers sound off when applied but will hall your butt down quick!!! Once you get the cost of new pads  and time spent to change them you will be happy as a fox in the chickn house with no dogs. Nice ride ENJOY

Offline justaguy

Did the frame need to be modified to fit the 124?

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
Did the frame need to be modified to fit the 124?

No. Lots of room. The rear rocker box (S&S cast) can be easily removed without lowering the front engine mount.

Offline boooby1744

• Site Supporter
Looks like the S&S a/c does work.

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
Looks like the S&S a/c does work.

No it does not.

At least not at this level. Once we removed that dual runner AC the AFR flattened out big time and power level went up. Its current configuration is the large Zippers backing plate with the AC that tapers outward and a round cover.

Will be doing some more tuning in January. Changes since the tune shown below include: thick wall, tapered, cut to length pushrods, 1" spacer in the intake tract, 1.7? rocker arms, an un-bent trans mainshaft, and an electric fuel pump.