Author Topic: hylift johnson b2313se  (Read 1623 times)

Offline harley_cruiser

• Site Supporter
    • Rocker Lockers
Re: hylift johnson b2313se
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2018, 03:30:26 PM »
Who was it in here who checked bleed down rate on lifters and paired them up?
There were a ton of lifters that were blamed for the rocker shaft tick and replaced with lifters that did not help.

Offline harley_cruiser

• Site Supporter
    • Rocker Lockers
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2018, 03:38:15 PM »
And I mispeld beead.

Offline wfolarry

• Premium Vendor
  • BREATHE DEEP
    • Larry's Motorcycle & Machine Inc.
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2018, 03:08:26 AM »
Letter or other designations added at the end or after a part # are referred to as suffix.

If you got your standard Hylift lifters from AMS,  they personally claim to quality check the lifters.

Like I said my friend has standard 2313 that are slow to pump up and are a little noisy when the oil is hot/thin...replacements weren't a lot different.  We had someone else come on this site and post the same issue with the standard 2313 but he was berated and told it had to be anything other than the lifters as they were the flavor of the month.

Others here have finally experienced TopLine Hylift lifters that are noisy...it takes a while to have ample sample time and quantity.

Unless I'm really confused these aren't magic/perfect lifters.

The 2313 are the standard lifter with the plunger fitted to .0008 - .0012.
The 2313S & 2313SE are fitted to .0002.
Good oil pressure is a must for ANY lifter to work.
Nobody ever told me they were the flavor of the month. I wish I knew I could have sold more.  :gob:
I sell hundreds of lifters. Some guys swear by them. Others said they tick. Never said they were a 'magic' lifter.
I'm a dealer for S&S, Comp Cams & I even have stock Delphi lifters on the shelf for whatever floats your boat. I don't force anything on anybody. I give people options. Use what works best for you.

Online 1FSTRK

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2018, 04:56:13 AM »
Many brands of many products take the "As good", "better", or "best" approach.
If you cheap out and buy a lifter that they tell you up front is "as good" tolerance wise as the ticking one you are removing you cannot complain. You can lie to yourself and others and say I have brand X and they are supposed to be the best but everyone knows you got just what you paid for.

This lifter thing has gotten crazy. The idea that just because they will all fit in the hole and the bike will start means the are all the same except the price is just ignorance.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Offline 04 SE DEUCE

• Site Supporter
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2018, 10:15:11 AM »
Who was it in here who checked bleed down rate on lifters and paired them up?
There were a ton of lifters that were blamed for the rocker shaft tick and replaced with lifters that did not help.

The bike in question has rocker lockers installed.

Many brands of many products take the "As good", "better", or "best" approach.
If you cheap out and buy a lifter that they tell you up front is "as good" tolerance wise as the ticking one you are removing you cannot complain. You can lie to yourself and others and say I have brand X and they are supposed to be the best but everyone knows you got just what you paid for.

This lifter thing has gotten crazy. The idea that just because they will all fit in the hole and the bike will start means the are all the same except the price is just ignorance.

Personally if Hylift was my brand of choice I would have bought the (SE) slow bleed with roller oiling.    The standard lifter was billed as a stock replacement so my friend was told they would be ok with just a bolt in cam.

The bike was quiet prior to the cam and lifter swap and subsequent replacement of the noisy new lifters...same as the thread made by another some time back.

Letter or other designations added at the end or after a part # are referred to as suffix.

If you got your standard Hylift lifters from AMS,  they personally claim to quality check the lifters.

Like I said my friend has standard 2313 that are slow to pump up and are a little noisy when the oil is hot/thin...replacements weren't a lot different.  We had someone else come on this site and post the same issue with the standard 2313 but he was berated and told it had to be anything other than the lifters as they were the flavor of the month.

Others here have finally experienced TopLine Hylift lifters that are noisy...it takes a while to have ample sample time and quantity.

Unless I'm really confused these aren't magic/perfect lifters.

The 2313 are the standard lifter with the plunger fitted to .0008 - .0012.
The 2313S & 2313SE are fitted to .0002.
Good oil pressure is a must for ANY lifter to work.
Nobody ever told me they were the flavor of the month. I wish I knew I could have sold more.  :gob:
I sell hundreds of lifters. Some guys swear by them. Others said they tick. Never said they were a 'magic' lifter.
I'm a dealer for S&S, Comp Cams & I even have stock Delphi lifters on the shelf for whatever floats your boat. I don't force anything on anybody. I give people options. Use what works best for you.

Not one word of my quote above was directed at you personally Larry it's the internet placebo syndrome at work,  the Gaterman lifters were a great example of that. 

You did however let me know some time back that I had some incorrect/laughable facts/info,  which were statements made personally to me that I shared as I was told.  I've checked some but will probably never know how much was a lie/incorrect,  old info,  or if there are possibilities that are not public knowledge and I really don't care other than it's not my thing to knowingly share bad info.