Author Topic: draining gas 04 Road Thing  (Read 206 times)

Offline moose

• Site Supporter
  • Toms River New Jersey
draining gas 04 Road Thing
« on: February 04, 2018, 12:42:48 PM »
I have a 04 road king efi and an adapter to hook to tank fuel line how do I get the tank to drain with the elec fuel pump.   I turn key on and it primes and then stops is there a way to keep running to drain ?
Moose aka Glenn- If It Is To Be It Is Up To Me
10 2 letter works to live by

Offline Breeze

• Site Supporter
  • middle Georgia '68 Shovel,'92 Dyna, '07 E.Glide
Re: draining gas 04 Road Thing
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 01:54:53 PM »
I don't know how the "professionals" do it, but I clamp small vise grips on one side of the crossover hose, then pull the hose from the short side nipple and slip a "lubed,pre-blocked off piece of hose over that nipple. Insert the long side crossover tube into my receptacle and release the  vise grips. I have removed the rear bolt, and loosened the front tank bolts. A piece of 2"x4" under the rear of the tank leaves me to do other things while the gas drains.  If the bike is not on a centered lift, the jiffy stand side should be your "long hose" side.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

Offline Scotty

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 10:30:29 PM »
I have a 04 road king efi and an adapter to hook to tank fuel line how do I get the tank to drain with the elec fuel pump.   I turn key on and it primes and then stops is there a way to keep running to drain ?

Leave ignition off.............Pull fuel pump fuse...............Length of wire with a clip on each end...............one end to the battery and one end to one side of the fuel pump fuse holder............I use a little flat piece of metal to access the fuse clip.

You will hear it run and when it runs out of fuel it really hums so be ready to turn it off.

Offline moose

• Site Supporter
  • Toms River New Jersey
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 06:34:18 AM »
thanks will do
Moose aka Glenn- If It Is To Be It Is Up To Me
10 2 letter works to live by