Author Topic: ricor bump stops?  (Read 262 times)

Offline 901SG

ricor bump stops?
« on: February 09, 2018, 06:22:57 AM »
greetings forum members,
love this forum. long time lurker...I do a lot of reading and less posting. mostly because I find the topics that interest me and find the info I was searching for.
that said I am looking to install these bump stops with progressive lowering spring kit. I am installing a 21" wheel and lowering the front 1". my goal is to get the front forks 1" lower and use the bump stops to keep from bottoming out and denting my new fender. 
if you have installed these bump stops i'd like to hear from you. 
thanks for reading
2012 FLHX,  TW222, AN Big Sucker, Decatted Header, CFR Slip on,  JNR Fast up Air

Offline 04 SE DEUCE

• Site Supporter
Re: ricor bump stops?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 07:40:35 PM »
3/4" spacer that limits fork travel 3/4".  Says keeps hydraulic "break" at end of travel,  which means the tapered cone/hydraulic stop or "brake" is still used.  They do mention that new compression holes in the damper rod may have to be drilled if covered,  which they will when the cone is moved 3/4" up the damper rod...not a big deal to drill more.

I don't know anymore than this and seeing as limiting travel, big wheels, raked trees, thick fork covers etc. is more form over function...it's not my thing.

Offline 901SG

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 01:32:48 PM »
thanks for the reply.
there doesn't seem to be too much info concerning these and ricor doesn't answer calls for info so I guess i'll look for another route. I was looking for a diagram detailing how it installs on the damper rod. do you know if this is put in place of the top out spring or do they both install on the rod.

Thanks again....
2012 FLHX,  TW222, AN Big Sucker, Decatted Header, CFR Slip on,  JNR Fast up Air

Offline 04 SE DEUCE

• Site Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 01:45:24 PM »
Ricor quote:
"These spacers will limit the front fork travel by 3/4 of an inch.  Sometimes needed to keep the front fender from crashing into the triple clamp. Uses the stock fork geometry to keep the hydraulic break at the end of the travel.  This spacer reduces compression travel by 3/4 of an inch.

Once installed if the side holes are covered on the damper rod new holes will need to be drilled."

If this statement is correct then the spacers limit compressed length not extended length.  I would also assume that they are referring to compression holes possibly being covered and needing new holes drilled...not rebound holes.  I'd try calling for more info,  couple times I've called they answer.

Offline 1workinman

• Site Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 02:41:13 PM »
3/4" spacer that limits fork travel 3/4".  Says keeps hydraulic "break" at end of travel,  which means the tapered cone/hydraulic stop or "brake" is still used.  They do mention that new compression holes in the damper rod may have to be drilled if covered,  which they will when the cone is moved 3/4" up the damper rod...not a big deal to drill more.

I don't know anymore than this and seeing as limiting travel, big wheels, raked trees, thick fork covers etc. is more form over function...it's not my thing.
  They look cool I guess but when you stand it up and it comes down it will be a caution lol . I prefer good handling , brakes , may be a front cvo chrome wheel lol stock size