Author Topic: Front Wheel Question  (Read 182 times)

Offline Timber0472

Front Wheel Question
« on: February 12, 2018, 08:27:32 AM »
Hey guys. Ive got a front and rear wheel off a 2007 sportster that I want to use for my shovel project. The problem is that the sporty brake is on the left for the wheel and my springer has a right front brake. So my question is can I just spin the front wheel around and have the tire put on in the reverse? I put it on just to test and rode it around with the tire on "backwards" and it seemed perfect. rode over 2 hours on it and I didnt notice a thing. Just dont want to continue riding like that if it can potentially be a problem. Brake worked perfectly like this too. Anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks

Online rbabos

Re: Front Wheel Question
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 08:38:17 AM »
Hey guys. Ive got a front and rear wheel off a 2007 sportster that I want to use for my shovel project. The problem is that the sporty brake is on the left for the wheel and my springer has a right front brake. So my question is can I just spin the front wheel around and have the tire put on in the reverse? I put it on just to test and rode it around with the tire on "backwards" and it seemed perfect. rode over 2 hours on it and I didnt notice a thing. Just dont want to continue riding like that if it can potentially be a problem. Brake worked perfectly like this too. Anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks
Tread being backwards will effect braking in wet conditions.
Ron

Offline Timber0472

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 08:43:05 AM »

Thanks
Ron
Noted...but if i had the tire rotated on the rim in the opposite direction would that be ok or is that bad?

Online rbabos

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 08:58:28 AM »

Thanks
Ron
Noted...but if i had the tire rotated on the rim in the opposite direction would that be ok or is that bad?
:scratch:If you are asking if you R&R the tire to be in correct rotation direction, no, there's no issue with that. Leaving it backwards effects braking on wet surfaces.
Ron

Offline Timber0472

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 09:03:02 AM »

Thanks
Ron
:scratch:If you are asking if you R&R the tire to be in correct rotation direction, no, there's no issue with that. Leaving it backwards effects braking on wet surfaces.
Ron
great. many thanks!!